Heading to a lake some where tonight

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CarolinaCats, Jun 1, 2007.

1. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Me and my fishing buddy are going to go by Salem Lake in Winston-Salem again today and kinda feel things out. We may fish there tonight in there all niter. If we dont feel that "right feeling" about the lake we got two other places in mind. Ether the yadkin river below Idols damn or High Rock lake. Somewhere we gonna do some all night fishing friday night. Looking forward to it. Ron, my fishing buddy lost his mom this past monday and he told me he just wanted to get out on the water where he could relax and just take a break from everything. I feel really honored that Ron would want me to tag along with him due to the circumstances he has been through all week. Im looking forward to having a blast! Will post our results saturday sometime. But now I need to sleep a few hours. LOL

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Best of luck to you Bro!!! Keep us posted!!! :big_smile:

3. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    Hope you catch them all or at least a couple good ones.

4. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Well we went to Salem Lake in Winston Salem and whada ya know? They canceled the all niter due to lack of employees! So we headed to the Yadkin River. We put in at a private boat ramp below Idols dam and headed for the damn to see if any shad was left. Might I add if the rain dont come soon we aint gonna be traveling that part of the river! Once we arrived at the damn out comes the bait net. We caught 3 shad, a 10lb carp a half a dozen or so bream about 10-12 bass(of course we threw the bass minnows back. So off we go looking for catfish.

We ended up with about a dozen fry size keepers and managed 1- 10.5-11 lb flathead, 2- 7-8 lb flathead. I did pull in about a 10lb mud turtle,of course I let him have the hook! The big'uns was caught off goldfish and the others was caught off shrimp. Did get a couple good runs on hot dogs but as all fishermen say,It got away BUT IT WAS A BIGGUN!!!...Fished from 3pm to 1 am and called it a night. Had fun just sitting there talking about this that and the other....My what the city folk are missing out on!

Well there ya go! Thats my first adventure out on the "river in a boat" looking for Mr. Whiskers.

5. JohnnyBuck

JohnnyBuck New Member

State:
    NC
    Congrats

We used to put in there - most of the time we couldn't make it to the dam
    because of low water

Good Job ! Lets don't tell the city folks !

6. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    Went back to the same spot this past friday night. Parked the boat in the middle of the river and fished off the same big rock. Only caught 3, nothing major. I did manage to slip on the edge of the rock and bust my knee. I laid around the rest of the weekend and finally got to where I could walk monday. The scrape is just below my knee and every time my leg bends the scab keeps busting open again. It aint gonna stop me from fishing though. Im heading to Badin Sunday evening for a late night catfish hunt!

7. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    GOOD LUCK TO YOU ,HOPE YOU GUYS CATCH SOME BIG ONES!!

8. RPGNC

RPGNC New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I hate getting cuts on places like that, good luck fishing.