Heading South tomorrow

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by KansasKatter, Aug 18, 2007.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Hey neighbors, I finally get to go fishing tomorrow evening/night, will be the first time in months.

I am thinking of heading south to Kaw, and was considering Trader's Bend. I would like to fish the Arkansas, and will be bringing my boat. Would I be better off stopping at Trader's, or going below the dam and hitting the river down there?

Or, should I save the trip and hit someplace local, anyone fished either area lately? When you only get one trip every few months, makes it harder and harder to decide where to go when you do get the chance.:confused2:

2. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    Hey come on down to kaw we have been catching limits on big bluecats but they are moving back to the lake so you need to stay south of traders try coon creek area in the 10 ft deep water bring a big net

3. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Thanks Bill! Any flatheads mixed in? Are there plenty of shad around Coon Creek area?

4. Bill D Curtis

Bill D Curtis New Member

State:
    Blackwell Oklahoma
    STILL noodling some flats but it is about over lots of shad though also people catching just about as many fish on grasshoppers

5. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The cats are in 15-25' on the river channel hitting shad.

catman george