Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to head down to Richmond and plan on doing some fishing on the James all day and night Tues - Wed......(or as much as I can take of the 100 degree forecast)

I will post a report soon..

· Registered
9,845 Posts
Larry its gonna be rough in the day time without a Bimini. If you can fish under the 895 Bridge we caught a few there yesterday, biggest was 25LBs you also have the 295 bridge between DG and DB, hell under any bridge will do for some shade lol. Also If you can find a decent spot by the bank with trees you could pull the boat on the bank under a tree and fish off the back of the boat. I dont know how Mike and Lisa does it but they fish in the day without a Bimini, I cant do it lol. But I gotta toughen up being as where im headed soon lol

· Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Larry its gonna be rough in the day time without a Bimini. If you can fish under the 895 Bridge we caught a few there yesterday, biggest was 25LBs you also have the 295 bridge between DG and DB, hell under any bridge will do for some shade lol. Also If you can find a decent spot by the bank with trees you could pull the boat on the bank under a tree and fish off the back of the boat. I dont know how Mike and Lisa does it but they fish in the day without a Bimini, I cant do it lol. But I gotta toughen up being as where im headed soon lol
Ramon....THe only way I convinced my wife to agree to this trip is that she is using it as a two days of sun tanning! If I mentioned fishing in the shade or under a bridge she would shoot me! lol...........I sent you an email today, did you get it?

· Registered
9,845 Posts
Ramon....THe only way I convinced my wife to agree to this trip is that she is using it as a two days of sun tanning! If I mentioned fishing in the shade or under a bridge she would shoot me! lol...........I sent you an email today, did you get it?
lol well enjoy the sun im sure you and your wife will look like Mike and his by tomorrow night lol, almost my color lol. Havent checked email, gonna go to it now, Good luck out there bro

· Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't be like me. Remember to turn the air on to your bait tank. Live bait works better. Good Luck.
Wow the sun was brutal yesterday in Deep Bottom!.....But we managed to tolerate it from 8am - 6pm. Only managed 9 fish all day. Biggest being a 17 and 23 lber. Big fish came on cut shad all others on cut eel. Getting ready to head back out right now and fish until about 2 o'clock today. Post more later with pics

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.