Heading out

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cathog, Jul 31, 2009.

1. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I am heading out tonight with my wife to see if we can get her a big blue. I will let yall know how we do. She won't fish in the winter time when I know we could get her one, but we have caught some nice blues in the last few weeks. Hopefully I can get her one that when it is next to the boat she yells "Cut the line". She did that too me once with a 14 pound channel. It was hilarious.

2. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Good luck Gary, atleast you wife will go. let us know what happens. yall be safe bro.

3. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    my wife tell fish she is going to eat them before they are off the hook lol then she ignores her pole for an hour and is ready to go lol

4. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Well Friday nights fishing didn't go so well. My wife got 2 small fish before the sun went down. After the sun went down it was "INVASION of the little black bugs". First 10 minutes they were all over the boat around the lights, 10 minutes more and they covered the boat up completely. My wife wanted to get the heck out of there so we left. Couldn't fish Saturday, had some family issues pop up. Went again this morning and had a lot of fun. Caught 7 fish between 10 and 15 pounds in less than 2 hours. I had 3 rods down at one time with a 10, 12, and 13 pounder on. I was by myself so it got kind of hairy, but was fun. Hopefully I will be able to put my wife on a 30+ pound fish pretty soon. We are heading out to Cooper today, hopefully I can get the wife and kids on some fast hybrid and sand bass action, be a nice change of pace.

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Thanks for the update. You'll get the wife onto them big cats before long. Great to have your best friend out in the water.

6. SouthernCatdaddy

SouthernCatdaddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sounds like you had a good trip. How deep were you fishing?

7. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    All of the cats Sunday morning came out of around 4' of water. Sandie and hybrid action at Cooper was pretty good. Best part was one of my nephews got a 23" hybrid on a Snoopy rod. I didn't think that thing was ever coming to the boat, but he fought him like a champ.

8. catkid

catkid New Member

State:
    Lone Oak, Texas
  9. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    big Clay, whats up buddy? see yall at wdm. yall leave the snoopy rod at home when ya come.lol.:wink: