Heading Out Tomorrow For Some Ice-Fishing!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jan 16, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am hitting a lake tomorrow for my first ice- fishing trip of the year. My wife claims I have lost my mind, with the winds to pick up, and the windchill advisorys to get close to 20-25 below. But, I have the chance to get out, and wanna do some fishing. Hopefully I will get a few. I will post some pic.s either way tomorrow, to show how well I did, or how cold I got! LOL,,, Just happy to get out of the house!!...:smile2: later on....rollo

2. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good luck tomorrow, hope you catch a monster

3. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good luck tomorrow. I have never done the whole ice fishing business. I figure I weigh 300 pounds I have no business being out there listening to the ice crackle and pop.

4. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I got the fever too. I bought a few ice poles and a ton of tackle today. But, I'm giving the ice a couple days to get thicker. Been below 0 here for 3 days. Should be getting pretty thick.

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Good luck and be careful Jason. I think ya know your limitations but hate to think something bad mite happen.

6. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Sounds like a good time Id like to hit the water with ya! I didnt do anything today except eat, drink Beer and watch fishing shows on the Outdoor Channel! I need to get out! Im going crazy here!

7. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Jason good luck on your adventure tomorrow. Hope you catch a few.

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Come on down bro... I can't say how it is gonna be, this is the first trip out on the ice this year. I am primarily going after gills, bass, and crappies tomorrow.. But, have some other bait, I may run a few cuts on jigs as well.... rollo

9. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    What time ya heading out?

10. tomsfishing4

tomsfishing4 New Member

State:
    pa
    your not alone!!!:wink: i will be doing the same thing

11. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I plan on meeting up with a friend for our first trip, but we're gonna wait until the temp rise a little. Wednesday is supposed to be above freezing finally.

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well, just got out of bed after the rough night with losing power. Talked to my fishing bud, we may go out this afternoon for a bit. Planning on a whole day now on Monday for sure. This has been a heck of a few days with furnace trouble, and the power going out last night:cool2: rollo

13. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Kip, just saw your post.. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. You are more than welcome to go anytime. Likesaid, Monday will be a go if you wanna come down... let me know...rollo