Heading out tomarrow!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by daniel-delarosa, Feb 8, 2008.

1. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    Hey ya'll, we are heading out to Texoma at 3:30 in the morning!:big_smile: Wish me luck, Im gonna need it.:embarassed: If anyone is around the Alberta Creek area come by and BS a while. We will be in a blue dodge and 19 foot sweetwater pontoon.

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hey, let me know how that goes for you. :big_smile: I am planning on a trip down there from OKC in the near future. heading to Kerr Lake tomorrow though so I'll be heading out at 4:00am myself, just heading East instead of South.

Good Luck, whack some Blues!

3. daniel-delarosa

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    It was ok I guess. We caught our limit of stripers and some sand bass. We also set out some jugs but didn't catch anything on them. We ended up pulling all of the jugs at about 2AM and drove home because a couple of my friends got too cold,lol!:angry: Little Glasses camp area looked like the place to camp/fish, Most of the guides were out in that area anyways. We had to buy some shad cause we couldn't find any. Me and one of the guys are probably gonna go back soon, without the other two.

4. SFG

SFG New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Were you able to buy live shad?

5. daniel-delarosa

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    We actually talked a guide into selling us some, 50 bucks for 3 dozen! It was a huge rip off, but we were desperate for some shad,lol.

6. SFG

SFG New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I didn't know the market was that high. I fish Texoma quite a bit and have heard stories of some "black-market" live shad being sold. I could do ok selling shad if there are enough people that will pay that price. I normally throw back more live shad than I use. If the guide was a nice guy he could have told you where you could catch your own.

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Guess the guide wasn't a 'nice' guy. Seems he took advantage of some out-of-towners to me.:angry:

That sucks, wish I knew who it was cause I'd never hire him. I'm heading down there this weekend myself.

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I can't help but wonder if this NICE GUY guide has a bait retailers license?:eek:oooh: It erks me to see someone take advantage of another. It ain't rite.

9. jlwhite405

jlwhite405 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    do any bait shops actually sell live shad?