Heading out today on the Potomac River

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by TIM HAGAN, Jan 18, 2007.

1. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Taking a reporter from the Washington times news paper out today hope all this cold temps hasn't stoped the bite to bad. Will post something tonite when I get back good or bad it's still a day on the water.

2. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Damn!!! It's 22 here in Waldorf at 0500. Love fishing but I also love my toes, fingers & ears. Be careful out there and good luck!!

3. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Good luck out there. Don't forget your gloves:big_smile:

4. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    It wasn't that bad at all 26 when I started out to get bait that was easy today Blue Plains was full of shad got 8 big old shad and headed to Fort Washington. Set up in Pisscataway creek in 20 feet and then moved 3 or 4 more times over the day. Every place had big fish and they are hitting better then the last time. I can show the pictures until the articel runs in the news paper on sunday the 28. But we have 26 fish total 17 over 20 lbs and the biggest one we boated was 42 lb I lost one that may have hit 50 it was a beast. the two pic's below was two fish i pick up after I droped Gene the reporter off a 28 and a 36 in smoot bay.

Attached Files:

5. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    Tim,

Sounds like the cold didn't phase 'em a bit, and boy do they look stuffed! Congrats on a really successful trip to make a news article.

Dennis

6. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Tim,

Way to go. Was it Gene Mueller that you took out? He has a soft spot for catfish and does a decent job of writing about them a few times a year.

7. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    ya Tom he was a good guy and he had a ball the story will run next sunday.

8. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Glad ya caught some fish - guess I'm a wimp - I don't even go outside to smoke at work when it's this cold!!!

9. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I love the winter time blue bite. My biggest fish come from the cold. The colder the better. And Tim, how did you catch all those fish just off of 8 shad? I go through 8 shad like it ain't nothing. Good day buddy and thanks for the help! Hope the story gets you some publicity. see ya

10. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Cut Bait Chris I can't tell every thing now just the way I cut them and it works.:lol:

11. h3ohawaii

h3ohawaii New Member

State:
    maryland
    Tim uses a magic knife....

12. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Ya Marty thats what it is. The 8 shad that I had was about 14" long or more and I cut 6 to 8 prices out of each one. Here are two of the fish we had that will not make the paper so I can post them now. not the biggest one we have but they was nice.

Attached Files:

13. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Congratulations Tim, on a dang good day of fishin. And to have it happen when you had the press with ya. Good Job Promoting our Passion... Mac

14. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Tim,

I receive the Times daily and am looking forward to reading the article.

15. WJ_jr

WJ_jr New Member

State:
    Texas
    Nice fish in your profile Tim, sure would like to catch one like that someday

16. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Just keep on fishing JW read all the information here on the site and good things will come your way.

17. KaJaMa

KaJaMa New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Good job Tim...Marty and I will be out there tomorrow with our heaters on full blast! Hopefully the wind will cooperate...

18. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Tim,

I opened the paper today with the anticipation of reading about your trip.... instead it was story about redfish! Maybe on Wednesday

BTW, how did Gene get in touch with you? Did he seek you out?

19. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Good fish Tim. Thumbs up on the national article.

20. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    The article will run next sunday the 28th. And yes I got a email from Gene someone had told him about the fish I put them on. He said it sounds like a fish story so I made his dream come true and hooked him up as well.

Jeff thanks brother just one more step for us all in catfishing