Heading out to Lake Hickory this AM

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Brother mifit98 has invited me over to fish with him on Lake Hickory. It is 3:54 AM and my wind chimes are already making noise. Weatherperson is calling for winds of 10 to 20 MPH which should make for an interesting trip. My white perch strips and heads have been marinating in some blood solution produced by Team Catfish for the past 20 some hours, which should enhance the bite. I am still looking for my first DD channel cat and today most likely will be the day that it happens. The other week mifit98 came over to LKN and got his PB blue, so I expect him to return the favor to me today. Man I love to put pressure on my bud's.

Results at 6.

2. Topname

Topname New Member

State:
    nc
    Do your thing Mac and represent LKN:big_smile:

3. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Time for your luck to turn good again Mac.

Best of luck to you today!

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Mac you did good throwing that bass back the other day, that could be your good luck this morning!!

5. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Weatherperson got it right for Lake Hickory and the wind forecast. 15 to 18 MPH out of the East and NorthEast, with gust way over 20. We had a drift sock out, plus four five gallon buckets and drifted from .36 to 1.+ MPH. Net results was that we caught a channel cat each. Nothing to write home about, but as usual we had a good time chatting about this and that. I was back home at 12:45 PM. Mifit98 thanks for the hospitality.

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Good luck on your quest for that 10+ channel cat. It'll happen eventually and I'm sure mifit is going to his best to get ya on it!

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a good trip you have planned. Let us know how it goes.