Heading out to Hoover Reservoir for a bit of Bowfishing...

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Desperado, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    My lady and I are heading out to Hoover Res. to stick some pigs today. I will be hitting Alum creek Lake after that. If you see me out there stop and say hi.

I'll be on my boat the Mud Shark. The Doctor will be in today, Fiberglass injections will be free.

I'll let ya'll know later how we do.;)

2. Mathersm

Mathersm New Member

State:
    Darbydale, Ohio
    Good luck tomorrow.

3. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Well, the day was pretty good. The fish weren't out as good as I would like. I shot 5 spotted gar and 3 large carp. Largest gar was 36" and missed several too....:rolleyes: Also the biggest carp was about 10 lbs. Over all it was a great day. When I got home I cleaned and painted my deck to match the boat. The diamond plate on the deck is really shiney and bright with the sun. I'll have to post a picture of the deck painted.

4. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I made it out to Hoover today and ended up with 40 spotted gar. They seem to be spawning. They were everywhere. I had some people take some and I ended up taking 26 home with me. Didn't have time to shoot any carp.

5. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I had lots of people talk to me today about how they liked my deck. It worked out great today. If someone wants to go out and stick some pigs let me know.

6. Mathersm

Mathersm New Member

State:
    Darbydale, Ohio
    Congrats. Sounds like the deck on your boat is working great for you.