Heading out to Blythe

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA RIVERS TALK' started by gilmafam, Nov 18, 2009.

1. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Going down o Blythe tomorrow to check out some shore fishing spots that I have been wanting to check out..... stay at Mayflower County Park, or on the water at the oxbowl.....

Anyone able to hook up with me? I'm staying til about Tue....

then back to the beach, and get the big boat and head to Moreno Valley for xgiving and Hook up with Gary "ToFish" for a spell......

How bout it "verde Valley"......."Jagdoctor".... are you out there?

Bringing some good ole mackerel but will try to get some gills....

Bayrunner Ray

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Good luck Ray. Drive careful brother driving. We'll wait for your report:wink:

3. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    If ya goin fishin in SoCal from the 23 rd on I would be interested. Circumstances prevented my deer hunting. I probably won't get to Mendota again this year tho. I got an appt on the morning of 23, then will be able to fish I think.

4. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hey Ray!!,,,,,, Yea,,,, that's fun to say...!!:big_smile:

I'm itching to get over there and do ,,,a channel inspection, and some endurance testing on some tackle..:eek:oooh::smile2:

Not sure with all the BS scheduling when that will be..Weather looks decent,, so, trying hard to get over there..
    With any luck, maybe Friday the 20th or Sat,, if at all, Like to try for some of those wiley Flatcats, in some holes I'm thinking of...

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  5. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield

goodluck Ray

6. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Greg.... I should be at my spot at Mayflower....going to be leaving out mid day today.... my cell phone 310 490 2677...

I'm open to try some new water.....be camping til Tue.... then back to get the boat and head down to Yuma for a spell....

7. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Tim... after my Squaw trip to Yuma.... I'l be back at the beach and would be open to going to Dana pt. and launching out of there..... maybe Dec. 2nd or 3rd .....a little closer to your place...

8. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Good luck Ray;look foward to reading about your trip and seeing your pictures.

Jaime

9. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  10. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Well the drive to the river was the usual fast traffic...... stopped in Moreno Valley to visit folks for a quick visit, and then off to Blythe...

The price of gas is $2.80 in Az.... $75 to fill er back up.... got to Mayflower and got the usual spot....

Some of the "snow birds" are here..... $110 week and the month price is .... well I did not ask.... but it is very reasonable with the hookups and all...

Haven't fished yet..... been hooking up the new dish for the TV... finally got the damn thing, and it is going to be nice on those long cold nights...

Would you believe they have Wifi in the campground.... free for a week...So I get to use the big key board instead of the hand held thing....

Great weather down here.... 40's at night... and comfortable during the day.. 75...maybe up to 80

Going to do some fishing today...... have to move the RV to do it other than fishing from shore on the beach.....

Lots of sand bars in the river..... just as it was last time....better fishing on hte other side... but that gives stripers two side to travel up to the dam on....Think I'll go down and try with the big surf pole that I brought...

Forgot to bring my stink bait.... damn... but got two tubs of "left over" crawlers from the August Mendota trip....try a big glob of them for awhile while we get breakfast done....have to thaw out the mackerel...as that is the bait I'll use for cats....

Absolutely no one in the tent area... plenty of RV's....but some real nice folks from Minn. and other northern states...

Well off for now... we'll get back to y'all later.... when I get out of the park and drive to a place to launch the quad for further bank fishing...

Thanks Tom for the 78 place.... Have to do that another time.... going to hit up the oxbowls for future camping sites.... I'm thinking that the one spot that I know of is taken.... so that is why I'm doing the exploration on the quad... as I have only been there one on the beach, and now better of the water as PlumberTom1 and I did it last year..

later ...Bayrunner Ray

11. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Thanks for the report Ray. sounds liek you got the set up for them long nights. So you get TV now

12. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Part of the retirement system....LOL.... boat broad (wife) and RV ......

This jerk of dude just pulled in near me and cut of my view to thewest..... yea I spoke to him..... so no sunset view and now this shit......oh well...going to do some banks fishing tonight.....

Just got back from a trip down to the oxbowls on the Az side.... I have not driven down the river and this side and.... it is sure shallow ... but some nice hole after the sand bars.... maybe nest time.....

It sure is nice to have the wifi here in the campground.... getting spoiled....

later for now.....

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Awesome brother. you deserve it:wink: Don't get to spoiled with that wifi....lol

14. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Got my post confused.... posted in the Highline post....

Was going to do some bank fishing tonight.. but snoozed through it....
    again.... maybe I'm still pissed that this ole boy from Florida parked right next to me.. and cut off my sunrize and breeze way.....lots of other places to park... right next to his buddies....Oh well....

Got tomorrow to figure out where to go other than the bank of the river right out in front....

later... Gilmafam.....Bayrunner Ray

15. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Dark time now, Ray. I hope you're on the bank with a line in the water and a big flatty is prowling around your bait.

16. gilmafam

State:
    California
    No luck with the line in the water... could not get away from the football games.... :wink:

The jerk that parked in my morning sunshine spot drove away this morning... :big_smile:...now I get some sun on the grass which warms things up some...

Think that I might go to Quartzite in Az and check out the big yard sale before the new year rush....and... while I'm moving the RV I might check out a spot of two to fish in the process...

couple of pics.... had to walk to see the sunset... (thanks neighbors)

No boats on the river.... saw a trailer in the parking lot... looks like a big boat... anyway.... some pics of up and down the river from Mayflower

17. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    You should go get a couple goldfish. One pole goldfish, one pole mack.:wink:

18. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Certainly looks familiar, good time to be at the river, nights are a little cool and the fishing is slow but the days are great.
    Just hang tight to the deeper water and those slow moving flat heads will bite. You might have to hit them in the head with a bait but they are still there.

19. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hey Ray..LOL,
    I didn't make it.. Yet!! Dang it...

Where'd you buy that stringer of fish in your new avatar?? Kinda rubbin it in showing those awesome pics,,of the river,,,

Hope your trip stays awesome, and glad you ran the neighbors off...

20. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Wouldn't you know it...... the pressure change came through.... got high pressure and wind......is that a turn off?.....

Would you believe it...... a new "snow bird"..... wants that spot I am "squatting" on.....spoke to him... and he is staying one night..... so I have some sunshine in the am .... to enjoy the sunrise.....

By the way...... a Ten for a sunset tonight...

From the River.... at Blythe....