heading out fri night

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by smokkin99, May 8, 2008.

1. smokkin99

smokkin99 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Well it looks like its a go for fri night and sat for the bearfrog and me. hope the weather holds out for us. will post the outcome sat night or sun.

2. CarolinaRig

CarolinaRig New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Which way are you headed?

3. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    good luck.hope you land a hog

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good luck I hope land a boat load of those HUGE flatheads and some big blues to boot.

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    G'luck guys. I will be waiting for them pics.

-Jim-

6. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Hey mudhole kid you going out fri.night.

7. smokkin99

smokkin99 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Well guys here it is!!!! It started off with a bang Capt. Spaz aka bearfrog lands a nice flathead at about 25lbs. then goes quite for a while then a nice 6lbs. blue. Me not wanting to be out fished then land nice 25 lbs plus flathead to end the night. Wake up to a beautiful morning after fishing until 3am. Starte the day off with a nice 6lbs blue and 2 nice 10 lbs. channel . Ended the day at 2pm heading back to the beach. All in all a great time on the water !!! Totals for trip were : TWO GRANDSLAMS OF CATS!!!!!!!!!

P.S.

picture will be posted later

alex

8. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Great catch Alex, sounds like you guys had an awesome fishing trip...nothing beats a good day or night of fishing!!

9. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Man I knew yall would get on them sounds like yall found them flatties.

10. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Yeah we did alright. This was the first time I ever got a grand slam (1 flathead, 1 bluecat, and 1 channelcat) and Alex did the same! We started out at Blacks Camp and got a room for Friday night. I knew of a good place I've always nailed perch and we only got 3 this time. My best day there was 120 perch in 2 hours with 4 people total bait rigging light rods but anyways. We also bought several dozen threadfin shad and put them in the live well. Went up the diversion canal to the rock area where the water shallows up to 15 feet and anchored down near about 5 other boats. Got both flatheads there on live shad. The perch let us down this time. The rest of our fish were caught in that general area on cut shad. I even caught a 4 foot eel there but I hate anything that resembles a snake. We finally got the hook out of his mouth and it slithered out of the boat and escaped. That was another story but after I acted like a girl with that dam thing in the boat, Alex named me Captain Spaz for spazzing out.
    We left Saturday afternoon before the rain got there. Had a good time and Alex took pictures so he will be the one who posts them this time.
    Jonathan
    bearfrog1@yahoo.com

11. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    I got the pictures from my wife's camera loaded. Here they are...
    Jonathan
    bearfrog1@yahoo.com

Attached Files: