Heading for LaGrange "again this year"

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Rusty, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    My wife and I are heading to LaGrange Mo. again this year. We are going to stay a week. From the 7th till the afternoon of the 14th. of Sept. We will be fishing the Mississippi river. If anyone would like to try a day of fishing with us. Bring your boat and come on up, over, down. I am sure we can have a great day on the water......

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :cool2:Well Rusty as you all ready know I'm planning on being there (Lord Willing ). Lets hope it's not as windy as last year was. Either way we still had a great time.Hopefully some others will chimp in on this .

3. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    I’ve fished those pools from Saverton up the last few years during Sept. for flatheads. Their not very big but a have a blast. Will be looking at sometime during your last few day period, if I can make it then I’d love to see you folks again and enjoy the river with great company.

4. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Michael J. It would be great to see you again and maybe catch a few fish. We will be staying @ Wakanda State park just south of LaGrange. Its a really nice place to stay. Hope you can come up for a few days and get in on the fishing and maybe shoot a little bull. later ....Rusty...

5. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Hey John! (MRR).What day are you planning on coming up? Are you and Barb going to stay the whole week? If we can only get the girls hooked into a good one. That would make the whole trip worth while. Talk to you later.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Can't stay the whole week (would love too ) but we have been talking of staying the whole weekend. Think maybe Pk and family are also planning on the weekend deal (hope so anyway.) And maybe Coyote 1 and wife. Have to wait and see how it all works out.See you in Sept.

7. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Sounds good John. Maybe we can have a little Meet and Greet of our own...See you in Sept.

8. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I had to do some work at the local police station there in LaGrange.. I was talking to the Chief asking if he did very much fishing.. He said he seen some old boys pull some nice cats out rite there next to the grain silos there on the water... Hope you have good weather and good fishing.....

9. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Thanks Tim.. I hope we catch a few also, but if we don't thats OK to Its all just part of the game. I bet we don't quit trying!!!!

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well Rusty it's offical now. We have our spot reserved for the 7 & 8th of Sept. We went ahead and got one of the rental trailers they have. The ol body is getting to stiff for the tent camping. Besides better half don't want no tent and can't bring camper and boat both so you know what comes first :roll_eyes: yep the boat. See you all then

11. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Sounds good John. Have you heard from any of the rest of them people you said might come? Nothing like sleeping in a tent . You can hear all the bugs and animals that move in the night. I have a big air mattress and I sleep just fine. I just hope there is no coons to tear a hole in the tent again like last time at the gathering. I learned my lesson . Keep all food in the coolers. Talk at you later....... Rusty

12. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey everybody, if you don't mind, I may run down there to meet some fellow BOCers. I'm only about 40 miles north in Keokuk, Iowa. Later Andy

13. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Rusty, I guess we shouldnt have smeared bacon grease on the tent.:wink:
    Just be thankful the bear didnt show up.....:tounge_out:

14. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :cool2: Hey Andy come on down there we'd all love to meet you and get some pointers on fishing the big river. ANd right now I mean BIG!!Like Rusty said anyone and everyone is :0a25:

15. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Haven't heard nothing concrete so we'll just have to play it by ear and see what happens.

16. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Come on down Andy. Glad to have ya. Like John said we need all the help we can get.

17. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    LOL...Thats for sure. That Coon tore a big enough hole, I would hate to see what a bear would do.

18. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    John N you are welcome to come up and give it a try. I won't guarantee that we can show you anything new but I will give it my best shot. I just hope the River is cooperating and not bank full.

19. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    If that sucker is bank full this ol boy is most likely gonna be dry docked.Guess I'll just have to out fish Rusty from the bank if thats the case:roll_eyes: yea RIGHT> Me out fish the ol pro .Don't think so.Lets just hope it goes down some.

20. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Good Question. Hadn't really thought about it but wonder what they do do with all that junk. Send it down my way most likely. River dropped just a tab at Louisiana today. Get that sucker back down where it belongs.