Headin' out

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by PTDixieGal, Jun 24, 2008.

1. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    Well, my dad just called...we're gettin' ready to head out. He's got Parkinson's and I work at the SuperCenter so when he and I go fishin' we don't head out as early as we used to. We will probably go to Lake Cherrywood (Sherwood); that is where I caught the two pounder that you see my dad holding in my avatar (he doesn't know how to work the cameraphone).

2. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    Didn't catch nothing!!!

Game and Fish Comission is WAY overdue in stocking Lake Cherrywood.

Any way I could find out who is over that and WHEN they are going to get their butts over there?

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Well you may not have caught anything but you still got to go spend some time with your Dad. A little time fishing with with the ones you love always make good memories.

My mom has parkinsons too.

4. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    That's true...and fishing-specifically catfishing-is something that my grandpa passed on to my dad and they both passed it on to me so I've got a lot of memories of my dad and my grandpa fishing...and grandpa's been gone 24 years. In fact yesterday marked 24 years since his passing. He was fishing at Old River Lake when he had a heart attack and fell in the water (he was gone before he hit the water). We don't fish Old River Lake because of that but we do fish Willow Beach, which is not far from there...and that's where we were. I didn't even realize it until we got home. I look at it this way...he died doing what he loved and he passed on what he loved to those he loved.:wink:

5. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Absolutely.... If I'm lucky enough to be healthy enough to keep fishing till I go I will forever be thankful.