Headin out tonight

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by pendog66, Jul 13, 2009.

1. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    Well steve and i are meeting up for a late night fishing trip. With the spawn in full swing it just doesnt seem worth doing our usual 12 hour trips. I havent been skunked in the last month but all of the flatties have been small (under 20 pounds) hoping that we can get into some larger ones tonight, will post pics in the morning if we hit anything

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    good luck

3. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good luck ... Post some pics when u get back..:wink:

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Let us know how you did.

5. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    good luck man!! hope you get into the big boys!!

6. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    ok i just woke up, steve and i got to the river at 2 and had the rods out by 2:15. It only took 5 minutes to get our first run, i pop the fish and it was a 6 pound flattie... About another 10 minutes went by and i get slow rolling run almost like a creeping click. thinking it was a turtle i set hook and it was a 5 pound flattie. Then steve's shimano started running which got us pumped because steve was fishing with a 14 inch bait. The run stopped as it got him in a tree. Being the first time steve has fished the morning bite with me he just looked at me and said," now i see what you have been talking about" I would say another 10-15 minutes passed and my reel starting running again, set hook and it was a 8 pound flattie. Feeling giving i told steve i had to relieve myself and i would cast his pole in my spot for the couple minutes i was gone. I wasnt gone 5 min and steves rod took off and he landed a 14 pound flattie. I wasnt too happy about it but it was good for him to get his first one of the night. A half hour passed as we missed a couple runs due to angler error. Then steves shimano took off again and he layed into a good fish. Thinking he got his first 20 we weighed a 16 pound flattie that was bleeding from coming off a bed. Then things slowed down until we started seeing the light coming over the trees. We threw out fresh bait and it didnt take long, i got a run and set hook on a hog. I wouldnt say it was a fight but more of a me hanging on for dear life as the fish was ripping drag to the current. When he reached the current the popped.:angry: I still had my bait so i quickly re-casted and got another run immediately but i missed. I still have my piece of bait although it looked like i ran it over with my truck. It took about a minute and i landed a 12 pound flattie. With the sun almost up the turtles started ripping. but i managed another 6 pounder. It was a excellent morning and we will be back at it tomorrow morning.

Attached Files:

7. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    more pics

Attached Files:

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Awesome guys just awesome way to go an thank you for the report.

9. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    and the last one of the night

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  10. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    thanks and the awesome thing was every fish we caught had fresh or recent spawning marks

11. 1 4 Fishing

1 4 Fishing New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    good luck hope you get some

12. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    hey, thanks for the story and the pics. :cool2:

13. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    im getting ready to leave for another morning trip and im using the go big or go home method. wish me luck!:big_smile:

14. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats on the fish guys,good luck again

15. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Well how did you do this trip? Let's us know,,,

16. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    not good, i got to the spot and there was some punks messing around driving trucks on the bank spraying rocks. Well that got to close to me and sprayed rocks in my general direction so i grabbed a rock and hit their truck with it. They came back got out and started running their mouths, i basically told them they were "pieces" and shouldnt even be running trucks on the river. They got even mouthier making threats so with out warning i dropped one guy with a right. And after the man crying stopped the punks left and so did i because theres no chance of getting flatheads after idiots running trucks on the bank and in the river.....:angry:

17. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Wow sounds like you had your hands full there. There is always another day/night to get the lines wet an rip some lips.

18. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Looks like a good fishing trip, thanks for the post Nate.

19. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Huh you lost me that was a horrible trip with Nate having to fight with the dudes. Are you sure you read the whole post?

20. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    NOW THIS IS RAW! MMA Flatheading at its Best. In a year or two this will be broadcast on TNT! Go all out dog!