Headin out to work on the boat

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by McLovin, Dec 19, 2009.

1. McLovin

McLovin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well, getting ready to head out and start pulling the decking from the old deck boat that my dad and I are redoing. It looks like its gonna be a cold one until we can get it in the barn and get the heater kicked on. But the sooner we get it done, the sooner I can get back out on the water chasing some big winter blues. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I'd pull it in the barn FIRST and get the heater cranked up. Gonna be nippy today with the wind. Tomorrow is looking much nicer.:wink:

3. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Sounds like a good time.

4. McLovin

McLovin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nippy isn't the word I'd use to describe it. It was freezing ass cold....lol. Didn't get much done, but we did get it moved into the barn, and at least now I can start gutting it. I'm looking forward to getting this thing on the water. It'll be nice to have my own boat and not have to bum rides from other people.

5. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I just dug some of the frozen stuff out of my boat into the garage to thaw. Need to get rid of the snow inside it somehow in case I lose my mind after all ang go fishing tomorrow. Never liked winter much.

6. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
  7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    John good luck on your winter project. Just keep thinking spring time.

8. McLovin

McLovin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I will try and take some pictures monday. That'll be the next chance I have to work on it. Gonna try to get all the laminate up get it ready to put a new deck in.

9. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Cool, would love to see it

10. McLovin

McLovin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Worked on the boat some today. Started tearing out the laminate flooring and removing the seats and what not. Here are a few pics, they aren't that great considering I took them with my cell phone.

Attached Files:

11. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    looks like that will work great .when you get it done you will have to name her ,i voto for the bluecat barge

12. McLovin

McLovin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's pretty catchy...I may have to get some stencils and paint that on there.

13. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    It's pretty cheap to get custom vinyl letters cut at any sign shop. You stick the whole thing down, smooth it out and pull off the backing. Perfect spacing and nice and neat! That's what I would do.:wink:

14. McLovin

McLovin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks Skip, I hadn't thought about that.

15. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Guys i asked for some LED's for the boat for xmas...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH4juTctjVg

You can do this for about 100 bucks.......

Im doing red to cut down on the bugs ect.... :wink:

They dont use much power at all .... i have 1 deep cycle and 2 gel cell battery's in my boat thoe .. They are very small and have huge power.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  16. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Rob, you'll like the LED lighting in the boat at night. I've got RED in mine also. The other advantage to RED is that it doesn't screw with your night vision.

I used blue for my lightbar though as I was afraid to use a NAVIGATION LIGHT color up that high where it was visible to other boats. If I have the bimini installed though, the bugs stay on top of that next to the blue lights and don't bother me too much.

The MODS never end boys!!!!:smile2:

17. mr. baker

mr. baker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Do red lights attract fewer bugs than blue lights? What about yellow?

18. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    It seems that when I have had both my red deck lighting on (down low in the boat), and my blue lightbar lighting on (up high above the boat), that they have swarmed all over the blue, while paying little attention to the red. Got some bugs around the red but not many.

Yellow? Cannot answer that one but regular outdoor porch light bulbs used to come in yellow to keep the bugs down.

19. hook'em

hook'em New Member

State:
    Winfield, MO

What kind and where are you getting your lights? I was just looking around on the net and found this string of red lights (20 bulbs) for $18.00. However, these don't look like the same thing as whats in the youtube video...

http://www.imaginarycolours.com/Mer...117&Category_Code=12vStrings&Product_Count=10

hook'em

20. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Mine are not the same as the video either but here is the write-up on how I did my LED Deck Lighting from the BOC Library.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75229