Headin out to hoover

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BGRUMBLES, Sep 29, 2006.

1. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    Guys I wanted to get at hoover last night and this morning but I expected rain that never came.....kind of bummed. I am going out this morning bright and early if anyone wants to join me let me know. Truckin has first dibs but with me it is sure fire catching catfish....got a great spot out there. HOpe I am not fishing alone!!!! If anyone can make it later hit me up too and I will pick you up at the dock.

Ben

2. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Thanks for the offer and id like to take you up on it but thats a little to far on the spur of the moment ..thanks for the invite though

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Got to head to Cleveland man, good luck bro.

4. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    dang it rained this morning not last night lol......talk about crappy timing...I am still goin just waiting for a little sun.

5. true1212

true1212 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I wanna go. :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Ben, when we gonna get some fish bro???

7. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    Let's pick some dates buddy....got a tighter schedule right now, but free friday after 1pm and can work things out to fish monday and wednesday nights. weekends are always a go of course. I went out the other day...about lost my truck off the boat ramp due to mud...got towed out. ended up replacing the back two tires on my truck.....which by the way were two days old!!!!!!!!!! Got them at cost though so not too rough on me. bottom line is I didn't lose the truck and my boat is still cool. I ended up catching 6 good fish in about 4 hours of fishing. This was by far the slowest it has ever been at hoover. I did come across some deep holes even with the water 10 feet down....will try them next. I am thinking the fish are on the move though so I am gonna talk around locally and figure em out. Shad are getting harder to find as well. I caught a real nice blue on shrimp and a bigger one on shad....guessing around 8 pounds for the bigger. rest were 2 pounds to 5 pound range.

8. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    Tell you what matt....I want to try Dillon where the guy on here has been catching a lot...did you see his stringer of fish? We should talk to him about catching shad there...guessing in the spill way....and then we can head out maybe take a few boats some weekend?

9. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Ben you can catch all the shad you want right in the lake ,they are everywhere. 2 to 3 inches long but it is what they like so good luck,let me know when you are going and I will try to make it and show you around

10. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    also,I forgot to mention they usually hit better during the day,and slow down just after dark,we usually fish anytime from morning untill 10 or 11 at night and do real well everytime

11. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That guy tspergin dont know what he is talking about. LMAO :big_smile: :tounge_out:

Tony is a good man and knows where to find the kittys, bad thing is he catches them all while you watch. hehehe

12. true1212

true1212 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If you need shad, just let me know how many you need and i can get you that amount. Also, can i go out to hoover with you some time?

13. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    Yes you can...next time I go I will post in here again....only deal is you have to tell me where you get the shad hahahhahah....I will post up no worries.

14. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Ben if you come down to dillon bring a bucket you can fill a 5 gal bucket up in no time in the main lake with a cast net

15. true1212

true1212 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Easy, I sit there for an hour with a thrownet looking for shad. Gets me tons of them.

16. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    ben are you heading out tonight? i might be aboul to go if so. let me know.

17. BGRUMBLES

BGRUMBLES New Member

State:
    ohio
    start singing rain rain go away and perhaps we will make it out lol....hate the weather now....rain rain rain it seems.

18. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    yeah i seen that it was going to rain after i wrote you. maybe later, hey my school week ends at 1:00 every wensday. the news is on right now and it doesn't look good for tonight.:sad2: t-storm warnings all over ohio.

19. true1212

true1212 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    There was also a tornado warning. The westerville sirens went off about a minute after I left the skatepark. Had to leave my friend there cause he wouldnt get into the dang car. he is fine but a little frieked out. I plan on going somewhere with my dad this weekend if we cant find someone to fish with.

20. true1212

true1212 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Me and my dad are going out to hoover later in the day. Dont know where we are going to fish but probably somewhere new. If anyone is interested, Send me a p.m. or post here. I am going to have some bluegill, some shad, some worms, and dough balls from walmart.