HEADIN 2 DALLAS

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by South Grand Laker, Dec 7, 2008.

1. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    hey all i'm coming down to dallas for a week or so on the 14th for work, thinking about pullin the boat along with me, who all from or around Tawakoni, lewisville, Grapevine, Lavon, Cooper, ray Hubbard, these are the lakes i want to try out, i'd rather spend all the time on just one lake such as Tawakoni, don't have the slightest ideas about these lakes, so i need help from some you big blue cat chasers spill them guts, or even have one of yall tag along, any helps great thanks alot...SGL

2. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    They are biting on Lewisville. My guests on Saturday caught 18 blues that totalled 107 lbs. CPR'd a 22 lb Personal Best for one of the guys. They also had 5 that weighed between 8 and 10 lbs. Bait is easy to find and hard to catch. Bring a big fast sinking net. And to note you can't use a cast net bigger than 7' radius in Texas freshwater lakes.

3. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Seems to me the best way to catch the big blues on Tawakoni is drifting. You can drift almost anywhere on the lake and catch them. One of my favorite places to drift at Tawakoni is in Caddo Creek. Depending on the wind, you can drift from the mouth to the island on the north side about 1 mile into caddo creek. Or if the wind is from the north, you can start at the island, in about 13 feet of water and drift to the point off of the golf course on the south side. Most of the mouth of the creek is about 18 feet of water right now, lake is several feet low, but seems to hold fish all the time. There is also a place by the dam, just south of the terrell/mcabee intake where the water goes from 30 ft to 7 feet and then back down to 30. It is a great spot to drift. Right now the shad are getting hard to catch for me, but cut perch and buffalo have been working fine.

4. lou_a

lou_a Member

State:
    Texas
    Lavon has it's own forum:

lakelavonfishing.com/forum.php

Folks there are very helpful and many fish other local area lakes. Go there and pose your questions in the Catfish section and you'll have buku replies...

5. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Depends on where you will be in the metroplex and how much time you have... Lavon, Tawakoni, Lewisville, even Texoma are great for Blues. The state record blue came out of Texoma from the bank, 121 lbs or so.....

The Lavon forum is great, and there are a buch of folks on there that fish Lewisville and Tawakoni regularly, so you should get all the info you can use over there!

Good luck and enjoy your visit.

6. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    hey thanks guys, well i leave out this sunday, so all the info i can get will be great, do i need to sign up to that lavon forum, hopefully i can find one of you hardcore big blue hunters to go with me to show me aroudn, that's what i'm really after, if you know anybody's let me know, greatly appreciated, thanks again, guys,,,,,matt dillon dodge

7. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    well guys i'm here in Plano, wondering is anyone, in this area fishing, looks like lavon might be my closest lake

8. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Lavon is the closest, with Ray Hubbard and Lewisville close by as well.

For me, no fish, just work this week....

9. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    bill appreciate it, i think next time ill better off just bringing my boat on my road trips from work