Headed to Truman Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Boogan1, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Boogan1

Boogan1 New Member

State:
    Carrollton, MO
    Hey guys,
    Headed down to our place at warsaw this afternoon, hoping to do a little snagging, crappie and catfishing this weekend. Have you guys had any luck finding the shad? Where should I look? Have heard they are kind of hard to come by right now. Boog

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    If it's sunny, the shad ought to be back in the shallows where the water is warmer, probably on the windblown side of the lake - with a nice south breeze, I'd check the backs of any coves on the north side.

Below the dam, I'd check any shallow still water off the main river channel - creeks, coves, etc. - with the erratic water release schedules lately, the shad are probably a bit more scattered than usual.

Didn't have too much trouble finding shad last Tuesday below the dam - just like it always works, I threw the net 30 or 40 times with nothing to show then hit the jackpot on the next throw and it was time to go fishing...

3. Cut bait

Cut bait New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    Did you catch anything last tuesday?? And at lake O yesterday the shad were in the shallower water.