Headed to Santee next weekend 3/27-29

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by bearfrog1, Mar 21, 2009.

1. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Anyone wanna join me and Smokin99 ? We plan to (wind pending) drift Moultrie on Saturday but if too windy, fish out of Taw Caw in the shallows on Marion. Would love to find a flathead or 2 but more than likely be targeting blues.
    Let me know,
    Jonathan
    bearfrog1@yahoo.com

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Johnathan we will be on the upper end of the upper lake for the PDC night tournamnet 28th-29th at Packs landing. Yall ought to come up there and fish with us the flatties have been plentiful up there from the reports I heard and seen. I hope to see ya there.

3. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    I've never been up on that end but hear the stumps are like a minefield there. Best stick to what I know this time but thanks.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck over there! There are some monsters waiting to be caught

5. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,

Wiennie!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been there and I've never seen even ONE stump!!!:eek:oooh:

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Dont worry the lake is at full pool and all of the stumps are under the water and you wont see any.:smile2:

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    ... until you look back to see what the 'bump' happened. :wink:

8. tigerman

tigerman New Member

State:
    lowcountry , sc
    I'm gonna be there fishing above I-95 Thursday afternoon, all day friday and Saturday. I'm hoping the weather will stay nice.

9. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Matt, do you have a map of the lake? What size boat are you using? It isn't orange in color, is it. :wink: I may be able to pm you some info that might help...:smile2:

10. tigerman

tigerman New Member

State:
    lowcountry , sc
    I don't have a map...Yet. But i will invest in one very soon. I've been looking at the upper end of the lake trying to become more familiar with the layout. Google Earth is great but i'm sure thing will look different on the water.

No orange boat , yet....:smile2: