headed to lake moultrie in april

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by mojocat, Feb 2, 2009.

1. mojocat

mojocat New Member

State:
    ohio
    we are coming back again in april last year we came in may and we stayed at the caralina king resort looking for a differt place to stay a place that rents pontoons perferably and maybe some direction where to fish this time of year?

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    If ya can swing it, hire Capt. Ron Howard of Santee with Rounhill guide Service. You'll learn from one of the top 5 Pro's in country and it might be your best trip yet!:wink:

3. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Rocks Pond, Bells, Harry's Fish Camp, Canal Lakes Fish Camp, Hills Fish Camp, Blacks Fish Camp to name a few. Run Internet search and you can find them and look up what they offer. Depending on who you talking to they are super or duds. Lot depends on what you are looking for. All offer different levels of various services.
    If you have military access Short Stay Naval Recreational Area is super.
    Hope this helps you some:tounge_out:

4. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Yeah Mike, and from what I hear that there Roundhill fella likes them purple bags. :smile2:
    I agree with Pop Pop, One day with Roundhill and you should have a pretty good idea of how to spend the rest of your week.
    He is 5 star Recommended and Smackdown approved!!:wink:

5. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Try "Fishfinder Guide Service" w/ Jim Glenn,or Lakemoultrieblues-both know the lakes well and are members of this forum.

6. mojocat

mojocat New Member

State:
    ohio
    thanks for the input and john for the camps you listed i will check them out .last year we went out on our own with some advise from a local guide's help would have liked to got his name he was alot of help and we caught alot of fish. always looking for advice and what marker to fish around would be helpful thanks!

7. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Come on Mike! You want us to bait your hook too?:eek:oooh:
    LOL!!!!:wink: Just kidding! Things at the lake change all the time and I, and others, would be happy to give you any help we can. Keep reading these post and researching old ones that pertain to the time of year you plan to come. I don't believe you would have any trouble catching, and releasing :eek:oooh:, all the fish after reading up some.
    I would still call Roundhill! That's advice and a show!!:smile2: Great guy that Roundhill!!!:wink:

8. jasonminitruck

jasonminitruck New Member

State:
    tennessee
    When I go down there I stay at Hills landing. They have good rates, and they are very helpfull in their in their restaurant they can about always tell you where the fish are being caught, and on what bait.

9. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I will definately second and third fishing with Roundhill! Book a trip with him at the first of the week and take a notebook with you on your trip then pic his brain. He has a lot of experience and willing to share with you when you're out on the boat with him.

As far as camps go, Rocks pond rents pontoons, not sure about the daily price, but the 24hr price is $200. I think they are about the only one on the lake you can actually rent a pontoon for 24hrs straight. Their location will also put you close to 16 Island as well as the canal. Just my 2 cents worth