Headed to La Cygne tomorrow!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catfish Pursuit, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Haven't been fishing since my boat got wrecked on the way home from Warsaw in August, I posted about that when it happened. The guys insurance replaced all of my tackle, $1,600 worth, and paid the dealer to fix the boat which they tried to do. Still has alot of scratches and a big dent but it doesn't leak and the motor is fine. Not that big of a deal, only a 14 foot Lowe big jon. Anyway, got the boat pieced back together today (lights, pfd's, depth finder wiring, fuel line) and am headed to La Cygne in KS tomorrow morning for some fishing finally. Gonna be fishing for white bass, hybrids, and crappie mainly but will also be bringing my cat rods. Caught some nice flatties there before in the winter so I'll let you know how it goes. Chris

2. mbodner

mbodner New Member

State:
    kansas
    goodluck. i was going to go there this weekend but the winds were to strong.im goin to the river tommarow.looks like its goin to rain on us.

3. Chris Cordia

Chris Cordia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds like a lot of fun. I wish you the best.

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Good to hear they covered your stuff and you got the boat fixed Chris.
    Next time your down here let me know and we will go try to catch a few. Good luck out there today if you made it out.

5. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    Just got back home. Didn't get to fish for cats because the wind was blowing really hard and opposite of the current which kept whipping the boat around making it hard to get set up. Water temp at the discharge was 65 degrees, 55 in the main lake. Did catch 8 keeper size white bass which was fun. Troy, we'll definately have to find some cats, might see if I can make it in a couple of weeks. I keep watching to see when they're going to run some water, should be due any day now especially with the rain. Chris

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Sounds like you had fun Chris and at least got out there today. Been raining off and on here all day. Congrats on the whites.

7. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    anybody been to la cygne or thomas hill power plant lakes lately ???

8. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Probably heading there Sunday. Looks like it might be a nice weekend to go fishing!

9. Catfish Pursuit

State:
    Missouri
    For those that like Montrose, you will DEFINATELY like LaCygne! I finally went to Montrose last week, had a good time. LaCygne is deeper, average depth at the hot water outlet is 8-13 feet deep. Also a really swift current, comparable to the MO river and the outlet area is about twice as wide as the outlet at Montrose. Water is also warmer with steam rolling off, keeps you warm! Non-resident 24 hour fishing permit can be bought at the Park Store which is at the boat ramp, they're closed Monday's and Tuesdays. They also sell minnows and everything else you might need. Parking/ramp fee is $3 like at Truman, just use the envelope. Non-resident 24 hour permit is $5.50. You can also get fishing permits at the gas station in Louisburg, 302 S. Metcalf, Rand Oil Co, and they also have minnows. Get out there and try it! Chris