Headed to Keystone in the morning to go noodling, need info!

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by daniel-delarosa, Jun 26, 2009.

1. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    My buddies and I are going to keystone in the morning to go noodling. Where would be the best place to launch? I have never been on the lake before, so Im going out blind. Some say by Cleavland would be best, what do ya'll think.

2. daniel-delarosa

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    Guess everyone is already in bed. Anyways, if any of ya'll are at keystone tomorrow stop and say hello. We will be on a 19ft Sweetwater toon with a blue Bimini top.

3. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    Daniel,
    How did you do noodling?

Q

4. daniel-delarosa

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    Not one dang fish man! Didn't even feel one in a hole. Found tons of great holes, but there were no fish in them. Talked to alot of locals to find good spots too. Dont know what the deal was, too early, too late??? I think I will have to stick to the creeks and rivers, the lake is a new ball game to me, unless someone up there wants to go and show me the ropes of lake noodling.

5. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    Been almost 25 years since I noodled and it was all in the ARK river up by Ponca City.

:)

Q

6. brian89

brian89 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I know this is a little late but there is some good holes where old 51 runs into the lake, go north of the sonic in manford to where you hit the lake and you'll see the old highway, a couple 4th of julys ago over there I had a monster to the edge of the hole and I ran out of breath and he was wedged on the edge of the hole, I had both hands in his mouth and there was alot of room to the edge of his mouth from my hands..