Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well me, Russ, Rick, and Mickey will be hitting Clear Lake later this week. Would be nice to rank but no matter it will be a good time! Hopefully we boat a few nice Cats this week.

The weather has been a bit nuts lately so hopefully they aren't too shy and in shock with all this cold/warm/rain crap!!!

We will be fishing Secret 7 for sure on a pole or two but need to figure out exactly what else were going to fish with also.

Cut bait? Live Minnows? Marshmellows soaked in garlic......we shall see! Can't wait to get on the road!

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Well me, Russ, Rick, and Mickey will be hitting Clear Lake later this week. Would be nice to rank but no matter it will be a good time! Hopefully we boat a few nice Cats this week.

The weather has been a bit nuts lately so hopefully they aren't too shy and in shock with all this cold/warm/rain crap!!!

We will be fishing Secret 7 for sure on a pole or two but need to figure out exactly what else were going to fish with also.

Cut bait? Live Minnows? Marshmellows soaked in garlic......we shall see! Can't wait to get on the road!
Man, I sure envy you brothers! Wish you all luck brother. Show them the California Boy's plays for keeps!!!!! LOL!!!!! Look forward to hearing ya'll report:cowboy:

·
Registered
379 Posts

Good luck brother! It's been 18 years since I have been up to that lake but I remember slaying the fish like crazy. What a lake!!

·
Registered
James N ... Central California.
10,295 Posts
The only way you won't catch anything in clearlake is if your pole aint in the water lol Huge channel cats and its a GREAT bass lake also the carp get to monster size in there same for the sun fish..use to fish there all the time and my cousin bought his mom a resturant and house on the lake man i miss fishing there with all my old bud's.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts

Go out there &:
"Do The [email protected] Thang Fellows"!!!:cool::soldier::arghh:
I Know that you guys are going to do good out there BigRossi - because I "Never" hear of anyone going up to Clear Lake (at this time of the year) & not doing good & have a good time - so go for it Buddy.

"Good Luck Fellows"!!!

:wink:

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Was going to call one of the participants... but I'm sure that KatfishJ and Bulldog have departed for the long haul....

Best of luck all the So Cal and Nor Cal Boys going to the Tournament .... Maybe next year for me....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It will be a awesome time! I hope all this funky weather we have had along with the cold don't make them a bit lethargic and slow the bite. Not sure what the lake temps are but I hope there 60 and above!

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
I am thinking of taking a trip up to Clear Lake with the family this summer. Anyone have recommendations for places to stay near fishing, either rental houses or hotels?

Sean..... I read a post by Randy,,,Knot Guilty of another site.... and he mentioned where he stayed... close to the water ... enough to have a pole out .... (for carp ) i think...
try..... a n g l e r n e t dot n e t...... for clear lake...
Maybe the the boys from here will say what things were like...

good luck......

·
Banned
3,004 Posts
There is some nice lodges up there. I been wanting to go for quite some time for the tournament but have not been able to swing it yet - someone always flakes - lol. But it will happen one day. Its best to go in with a few people to cut down on the expenses.

·
Registered
379 Posts
There is some nice lodges up there. I been wanting to go for quite some time for the tournament but have not been able to swing it yet - someone always flakes - lol. But it will happen one day. Its best to go in with a few people to cut down on the expenses.
I fished it when I was younger...absolute wonderful lake...wanna get my kids in on that type of fishing!!

·
Banned
3,004 Posts
If you want to spend less you can camp there right next to the lake, Or rent a little pull behind trailer and camp there plus you can rent boats
Sounds like a good idea since I will be spending of my time on the water. No need to get the resorts when I will not really be there but to wash up - sounds like a waste of money just to wash up in a nice cabin or resorts and not fully enjoy it. I may look into it especially if the camp grounds have a wash area.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
One of the few lakes that I have seen where folks pull their boat out on ramps or lifts to get then up and out of the wave action.... Some do it for the winter...

We use to overnight there on the way to Oregon going salmon fishing...

If you want to spend less you can camp there right next to the lake, Or rent a little pull behind trailer and camp there plus you can rent boats
So I'll be up looking at it before a tournament.... like to do the summer concert thing one night.

Wife wants to go too

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.