Headed to Bartlett this weekend

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by AZflats, Jun 14, 2006.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I am off again to Bartlett for my third weekend in a row. I will be fishing the flats across from the dam/marina. Hope to see you all out there.

* I am hoping to get my wife hooked into her first flathead.

~ Anyone else heading out?

2. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Yes a buddy Kevin and myself will be across the lake from the SB launch no wake area. I have a good feeling like I might break my pb but it could be wishful thinking, fun time no matter what. Good luck and say hi if you see my little beater the red lund.

3. azcatman

azcatman New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Good luck to all fishing Bartlett this weekend. I was going to head to Rosey for a Sunday night trip but one of my co-workers died on the job yesterday and his funeral is being planned for Monday.

4. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Condolences to you and your co-workers family Tom. Hope he gets a stringer full in the skys above.

5. azcatman

azcatman New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks Terry. Don't know if he fished but he was a great guy and he will be missed. Sad thing about it is he was close to retiring. Sometimes life just isn't fair.

6. shorepatrol

shorepatrol New Member

State:
    AZ
    I'll be out friday night and sat morning with the wife and kids ,I'm in a 17ft white, black, and teal astro bass boat with a bimini top say hey if you see me and I'll do the same. Sorry for the loss Tom

7. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    I'll be taking my father out fishing for once Sunday 2pm-11pm. I am shorebound, so I think I'll take my dad's 2wd Silverado as far up the lake as I can go. I think thats my best bet for shore fishing Bartlett, right? Maybe I'll hear you all celebrating those huge fish you catch.

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Good luck to everybody going out this weekend. I plan to hit a few local spots myself. Tom, sorry to hear about your co-worker. My prayers are with his family.

9. fishergirl420

fishergirl420 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Im heading out to Patagonia this weekend with Anakin. Good luck to all, cant wait to hear about everyones ventures.

10. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Slimed lines, and bent rods!

11. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    5 runs Saturday night.
    3 cats boated.

15 lb flathead~ Large bluegill
    13 lb flathead~ Carp tail
    11 lb flathead~ Carp head
    ~~ There are photos atached for your viewing pleasure..
    ~ Also, I attached a photo of cut carp as there were a few questions on sizes of bait... (After trying a few different sizes... I think the bigger, the better.)

* the two missed were on large live carp, and cut carp.

* Did anyones weekend trip top that?

Attached Files:

12. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    You weren't kidding, that is some big bait! I was out there for a few hours shorefishing just below the no wake buoys on the river side, didn't get a decent run. I threw my cast net three times into a pile of corn i put out, and each time i caught a carp about the size you had in your pictures. I didn't think about using a chunk that big, although I wish I had now. I'm glad you had some great luck out there, either way it was really nice out there.

13. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Nice hall!!! Thanks for sharing the pics. You have really got my hooked on trying the lower end of the lake by the main marina. I have never given it a fair shot. Always liked the river end up past the no wake bouyies. It keeps majority of the knuckle heads out and is quiet (generally). That is a nice chunk of cut bait as well. Whats the boat traffic like up at that end of the lake on the weekend?

Tom sorry to hear about your coworker. My condolences to his family and to you. Your right, sometimes life just isnt fair so thats why I believe you live each day to the fullest because you never know when it may be your last. I am close with alot of my coworkers and would hate to think if something bad would happen to one of them. Several are just like family to me!!

14. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Who cares about the boat traffic? The fish are used to it.. Besides, the knuckleheads all go home at night, then the water is as smooth as silk.. That is except when a big cat is thrashing at the end of my line.

Take care!

15. azcatman

azcatman New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thanks Mike. We had his funeral yesterday and it was fitting send off as far as funerals go. A very large turnout from his ADOT family. He will be missed. But as you say need to live life to the fullest so I guess I'll try and head down to Rosey Sunday night and see what I can catch. I hear the fishing is picking up so it's time to get back to the lake and enjoy it while I can. Good luck to all that will be fishing this weekend!!!

16. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    I do, cant stand alot of traffic. I am not so sure about all the knucklehads going home at night either. I have seen too many idiots running without lights (obviously intoxicated) at night and doing stupid things when its dark that endanger themselves and others around them.

17. Tym2Fish

Tym2Fish New Member

State:
    Scottsdale Arizona
    Good luck Tom, let us know how it goes!!