headed out tonight

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by adam1886, Jul 10, 2008.

1. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    well im headed out tonight to do some fishing on the missouri river.im just fishing from the bank but im pretty excited cause this is the first time ive fished the river in a few years.ill give a report when i get back.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck to you brother, I hope you catch yourself a monster

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Adam have you fished the Odessa city lake? Use to fish there years ago. Just wondering what it is like now.

4. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Where are you planning to do your bankfishing?

5. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    actually i fished the odessa resevoir for the first time sunday,and we've lived there for 11 yrs. me and my buddy were fishing for blue gill and caught lots of nice eatin size.kevin, i've got some private land just down river from cooley lake ramp.i have to take a dirt road about 3/4 of a mile to get to the river so im hopeing its dry enough to drive on

6. JoeFriday

JoeFriday New Member

State:
    Indep. missouri
    Good Luck i think im headed out tonight too on the missouri

7. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    well i spent about 3 hrs looking for bait and wading in almost waist deep water with very little success.i fished from about 6:30 to 9:30 and only caught one blue cat about half a pound. while i was catching bait i ended up catching this fish,it had a real blue color and very bright orange fins. anyone know what it is?sorry for the poor quality it was takin with my phone

Attached Files:

8. JoeFriday

JoeFriday New Member

State:
    Indep. missouri
    Looks like something from a petstore

9. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    lol thats what i thought to but the hole of water was made by the river this year so it came out of the river.it almost looked like some sort of carp,it also had little bumps on its head

10. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
  11. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    yep thats it.you can even see the little bumps on the head in the drawing like i said.thanks josh

12. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    No problem. Just glad ya got to go do a little fishing. Hope to see ya next weekend at the tournament.

13. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    yea me and dad should be there. just prayin the corps cooperates a little better this time:smile2:

14. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Thanks for the info Josh. I have caught many of the red shiners over the years in holes of water around the Mo river. Does anyone know if they are good for bait? We never used them cause we really new what they were.

Tom