Headed out tomorrow - 22 Mar 07

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by special liberty, Mar 21, 2007.

1. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Nathan & I will be putting in tomorrow at Marshall Hall around 0830. Any new reports and will there be any friendly faces on the water tomorrow?

2. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Tawn I will be out around the fort and I know of two other that will be around smallwood I will hit DC waters first so wht hit the fort until 9 or so.See you guys out there

3. nalley1952

nalley1952 New Member

State:
    Maryland
    We will be there around 0800 hopefully a little earlier.

4. special liberty

State:
    Maryland
    Ya know what we'll be in - stop by

5. special liberty

State:
    Maryland
    The NOAA Marine forecast is calling for a small craft advisory this afternoon with 25 mph gusts and waves at 1-2 feet. Be careful out there - my cell is 240-299-8948 in the event of anyone needing assisstance (I haven't gotten my VHF radio installed yet). They were also talking about the chance of T-Storms. I ya'll hear an "advisory for all mariners to seek shelter" on the VHF, somebody please call me!! LOL

6. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Good luck guys. Expecting to see more pictures of Potomac blues.

7. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Tear em up fellas! LOL!

8. FISHINSANTEE

FISHINSANTEE New Member

State:
    sc
    Good luck to you guys, I hope you get on em. Sure would be nice to get on the water.

9. speciallibXO

speciallibXO New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Decent short day of fishing, nothing compared to Tim's awesome BIIIIIGGGGG DAY. 61lbs I'm still marvelling at that.

We put in at Marshall Hall around 0815 and headed up to Fort Washington. The temperature was in the low 50s, with a promise for 70. We got set up and started fishing. The wind was gusting, but manageable in the morning. Caught a 16lb blue about 10 minutes after setting up. Tim showed up and we chatted with him around 0900 - 0930. He was generous enough to give us a couple of shad, which was much appreciated. We were fishing with croaker that was a little past fresh.

Baiting up with shad we got some good hits within the first half hour. Boated a 28lb, 26lb, 22lb, 18lb, 16lb, 15lb, and an 11lb blue. Also caught a real nice looking 7lb channel cat. Would have made good catfish fingers.

The wind started picking up bad around 1030. We braved it out until 1300 and then called it quits. I can't wait until the nice calm days when we can wear shorts and sandals.

Thanks again Tim for your help. :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

Attached Files:

10. speciallibXO

speciallibXO New Member

State:
    Maryland
    A couple more pics from the day.

Attached Files:

11. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Those are some good looking blues there!

12. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    anytime guys all you need to do is ask if i have bait is yours. Cut shad is the ticket right now but the herring are starting to show just down river. Things are about to get real fun here very soon the big rock will follow the herring in and the bigger cats will get turned on as well.