Headed out this weekend

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Mo.Hick, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Headed down to the farm this weekend. To do some work if it isnt to muddy:angry:. Seams like everytime I plan on headed to the farm it has to rain. Wanting to get some wood cut hang some stands and do some mowing.

Tom

2. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Have a great weekend Tom !

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Did some brush hogging at the farm last weekend until I broke it. :angry: LOL Going back up tomorrow to fix it and cut wood. Got a big oak down by one of the stands that is hindering the deers normal route. Got to get it out of there as it is by mama's stand. Got to keep her happy. Sounds like a good weekend to cut wood around here. 38* inn the morning and 60* for a high. Will be a little cooler up there as it is usually about 5* cooler. Have a good weekend Tom. My farm is NE of Polo (Cowgill address). Where is yours at?

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    good luck with the weather. Hope you are able to get somthing done

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Good luck Tom. If ya happen to need a good farm hand let me know. My forte is makin food plots and hangin stands.:smile2:

6. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    didnt know you had a farm ,wheres about is it?

7. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Went down got a lot of wood cut and split. Got a good redneck fix on a leaking roof on a very old trailer that we stay in. Put a tarp on it :smile2:. It will get me through this season. Tried to get some brush hoging done but the darn bolts on the gear box came loose. Now I have to get that fixed. At least that is a simple fix. The farm is northeast of Moberly about 17 miles. There are 126 acres there. The wife went and set in the woods saturday morning about 9:30 and saw 2 different bucks and 3 does in about 2 hours. One of the bucks was a decent 8 point about 2 1/2 years old from the picture that she took. Will be a raeally good deer in a couple of years. Had a great time like always when I am there. Getting ready to put power on it. Plan on going next weekend again. Cant wait until Nov 15th.

Tom

8. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    me and a couple buddies hunt near that area north of holliday went down this weekend to scope things out and saw a nice 14 pointer not to far from my stand. i think it is gonna be a good year to get a biggun up here. i think there r gonna be a lot more mature bucks with the antler restriction being in place the last few years up here. good luck and happy hunting

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    No what you mean about the power Tom. I have running water but no power. That water is a lot easier to haul than the electric. Got quiet a bit done myself. Going back next weekend.

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    :confused2: Guess camp consist of a tent again for me. May get fancy and borrow a buddies generator however. I just hope the weather is right and it's not rainin or it turns summer again. Either way good luck everyone.

11. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Going to put electric in then I will start taking the 5th wheel down. Also be handy sometimes need the welder for broke equipment. I have a water meter in just neet to run water line about 750 foot. I will probably put that in next summer. I am glad to see the antler restriction in now. We have been trying to manage the deer for about 6 years. It is really starting to pay off. Other around me are also doing it which helps a lot. Biggest deer I have seen on my place is about a 180 class 10 point. In the last 3 years there has been a 150 and two 140 class bucks taken off me.

Tom