Headed out Dec 10

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by special liberty, Dec 9, 2006.

1. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Weather looks decesnt and I'll be at sea all next week so we're gonna go ahead and give it a shot Sunday. Gonna try the 88 buoy, Pisacataway Creek and up near the WW Bridge. Tim, I read your report, we'll take it nice and slow with the water being low. If anybody has info on what the Marshall Hall ramp is like in low water I'ld appreciate it.

2. special liberty

State:
    Maryland
    6 fish. One 42lbs, one 36 lbs and the rest were between 10 and 15 lbs. Couldn't find any bottom around the mouth of Piscataway Creek by the Ft Washington light that wasn't covered with grass/weeds. Is that bottom that weedy all year round? Need some new/better holes - anybody in the mood to give up some secrets?

Nathan should have the pictures up this evening.

3. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Dont lwt that grass stop you the cats are still there. How was the water level still way down? Did you look for bait anywhere? I will be out there in the morning around Fort Washington and maybe both days next weekend.

4. special liberty

State:
    Maryland
    We used store bought white perch. But we did notice that we didn't see a single fish jump all day. We were using pretty big bait - 4-6" chunks.

I didn't figure we'd catch anything in all that grass and we gave up pretty quick. Our PB of 47 lbs came out of that hole but I don't remember the bottom weeds - that was in October.

Only saw one other boat all day. We're planning to hit it again next Sunday when I get back from sea.

5. speciallibXO

speciallibXO New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Here are some of the pics from our trip today. Weather held up pretty good. Not a lot of wind. The bite was a little slow today, but still managed to get a couple of decent ones into the boat.

Attached Files:

6. speciallibXO

speciallibXO New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Here are a couple more pictures. Posted a couple of the boat.

Attached Files:

7. speciallibXO

speciallibXO New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Should be heading out again next Sunday. Looking at the long range forecast it's suppose to be a lot like today. Hope to read some good reports in the next week. I'm going to go ahead and open up a new thread for next weekend.

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    nice fish! what the water temps up there now? them fish have that cold look on there faces.

9. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    On friday I had water from 39 to 41 and very low yides as well.

10. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    I see you was around #88 that place can hold so very nice fish off that point can't it.

11. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Got some nice fish there Guys.... Lucky to have some good weather out there. "nice looking boat"

bayrunner ray

12. speciallibXO

speciallibXO New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Off that point there are some nice fish. Water was 41 -42 degrees yesterday. There were a couple of the fish we pulled out that you could tell the water temp had changed their color to a lighter shade of blue.