Headed out 2 Nov - any new reports?

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by special liberty, Nov 1, 2006.

1. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Will be putting in at Marshal Hall Thursday morning and fishing to the south a little. Looking at the chart I think we're going to work the Maryland side between Pomonkey Creek and Mattawoman Creek. The channel looks like it drops off real quick off the 55/56 buoys near Potomac Heights, 2 feet to 70 feet in a matter of yards.

If anyone has been out -

Has anyone had any luck on this stretch of the Potomac - on a chart it looks good, but I've been fooled more than once.

what are you finding for bait and where is it at?

what water depth have you been catching fish in - a couple of weeks ago we caught most of our fish in 30-40 feet - I wonder if the have moved deeper.

Hope to hear some feed back and if you see us out there stop by & say hello.

2. philg427

philg427 New Member

State:
    Poolesville, Maryland
    Yhea, that is a prety good stretch of river. The fish are slowly moving up start mid level in the 30-40 foot range but do ot over look the deep holes!

3. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    last thing I read was there was shad around high point about 6' hope that helps.

4. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Should have checked the NOAA marine forecast before I posted - they are calling for 2-3' seas with gusts of 25 knots and rain in the AM. I'm not feeling all that great to boot so I have postponed the trip till Saturday, 4 Nov 06. Thanks for the info though, hope to see ya'll out there!!

- Tawn

5. Billy Tucker

Billy Tucker New Member

State:
    Manasszs Va
    About 100 yards south of bouy 56 is a not so obvoius under water point sticking out into that 65- 70' hole. I have fished that spot, either side of that point depending on tide and marks, many times over the last 30 years. Been good to me many times. Every time we get a good bite going on there we are sitting in 40 to 50'. The bottom is hard and rocky down to about 45' and hard to get a good anchor hold. I use 2 anchors there most of the time 1 deep and 1 shallow in a V shape and adjust to get the boat to hold the depth I want. Have caught them right in the deep of that hole quit a few times. LAst bait I caught good was south of there just inside of occoquan bay at high point in 4 to 6' of water.

6. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    I will be out around the fort sat - sun and monday stop on by and say hi if your out.