HEADED FOR THE SALT!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by Wvawitrado, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Hey guys im heading to pismo for a little R&R(no not rod and reel) LOL but I will be doing that too any ideas as to where I should fish or any charters? plumbertom you know anything?

2. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    The only landing I know of around that area is just a little to the north at Port San Luis Just by Avila Beach maybe 10 miles or so p 101 to Avila Rd. to the port.
    http://www.patriotsportfishing.com/

3. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    fish off of the pier my dad and i used to fish it with cut sea perch and my dad landed a small shark about 50lbs in the 90's there

we would catch the perch there using muscle meat and whatever they recomended there at the pier bait shop

4. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Add this, about 30 miles (by hiway) north is Virges landing at Morro Bay.
    http://www.morrobaysportfishing.com/
    Also a tip, If you want to take your own rod you need a heavy action rod with a reel loaded withat least 300 yds of 30-40lb line.
    You can buy weights and hook rigs for around $5 each and I would take at least two. Those aren't called rock fish for no reason.
    Rental rods are around $12.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck on your trip!!

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Best of luck to ya buddy:wink: Hope to hear a good report.

7. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Well it was fun as hell but not one line got wet except...:wink: LOL anyways no fishing just hanging out with the woman BBQ some excellent albacore What are you up too robb? Taking the motor in to be diagnosed....:embarassed:

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Doing the garden thang:wink: Hope the motor is not as bad as it sounded. Keep us posted.

9. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    LOL "NOT AS BAD AS IT SOUNDED" positive reinforcement HAHA I hope its not bad but we will soon find out any fishing? And you want to fish this week or weekend? Any samples ready/you want to get together tonight? Shoot me a text or something