headed for ozark

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by slabmaster, Jun 2, 2008.

1. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    if the flow stays up i think i'll try ozark on 6-6-08 . report to follow trip.

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    The fish are vanishing quickly in the river........nesting time:tounge_out:

3. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i kind of figured they might be hard to come by. if i cant locate them friday night i may have to take out my frustration on the crappie and the sand bass saturday evening.

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Finished my obligation to the "wild-game-banquet" committee on Saturday. Took out the Host of the banquet & the winner of the drawing they had:eek:oooh: I put in at the old ramp at paris just down from the ozark dam. Chased fish around catching a few here and there, until i pulled in the over-flow creek way down river:wink: Then it turned into a slug-fest:cool2: I reckon we bagged about 40 fish. It turned off hot & i had to make them quit:wink: Some were blues not everything is nesting. I do think i made the winner mad when i said we gotta wash the boat before we go back to my house:wink: The Buffako-gnats were fierce:beat_brick: & i explained i aint starting a new-colony at the house so were washing the boat out!!! Where was Johnny when i needed him most?????

5. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i couldn't make it down. the wife made a deal on a new car so fishing was preempted on friday. i fished the beaver tail water saturday for trout.thanks for the report sam. i think i may know that creek way down stream. :roll_eyes: