HEAD LAMPS

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by BIG_D, Aug 6, 2008.

1. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    wife got me two clip on headlamps for my bday a clear 1 and a black light cant wait to try my new toys lol have ben wanting thease for a wile bass pro has theas on sale now at half price good deal i think i think i might faze out the lantern sins i have theas the bat life is 40 + hrs on theas lights cheaper than coleman fule for sher:cool2: anuther plus to fazzing out lantern is geting rid of the bugs to lol

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Oh ya, I don't use lanterns anymore when I have headlamps. Makes life a lot easier.

3. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats on the great present. If you lights are like the one I have they do well for fishing (I dont have the black light yet). I wouldnt get rid of the old coleman lantern yet as they are becoming collector items and are still nice to have around for power outages and such.

4. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    yes i agree im rebuilding it now come to finde out it dident realy need rebuilding tank is full of trash and stopping it up pain in the but:angry:

5. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    yeah there awesome i have one of the ones that has a red light on it. that cuts down on the bugs but when you turn and see a couple of red eyes in the brush next to you at midnight your heart stops till you remember that your headlights on and there are a bunch of coons around

6. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    lmao:crazy::crazy::big_smile:

7. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    I use my coon hunting light with a red lense attached. The red light doesn't draw bugs or spook fish, the white light does both. My light is on my head with the battery on a belt. I can put it on spot light and shine a quarter mile or see real well when I am in my boat at night. Of course, most of you guys won't spend $300 on a light. I paid fo mine with fur money.:cool2:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Money well spent. Those are nice lights. Thanks.

9. fisherman63650

fisherman63650 New Member

State:
    missouri
    WERE CAN YOU FIND A CHARGER FOR A 4 VOLT MINERS LIGHT A NEWER MODEL I DONT KNOW WHAT KIND IT ONE THAI THE BATTERY HANG ON A BELT AND IT HAS A SWITCH THAT TURNS IT ON A FLOOD OR A TIGHT BEEM

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a very nice B-Day present. Congrats and good luck fishing.

11. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    thear is a company called NIGHTLIGHT its a coon hunters supplie try theam :cool2:

12. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    The company is called NiteLite and can be found on the internet at www.huntsmart.com or call 800-648-5483. They make very nice, light weight hunting (or fishing) lights for less than $100. They would be perfect for fishing but you would need a red lense.

13. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    :embarassed:GLAD YOU CORECTED THAT THANKS

14. TNYHWK1

TNYHWK1 Member

State:
    ROCKFORD ILLINOIS
    Ray O Vac has a Head light that runs on 3 AAA with a rotating switch. First click is two red led's. Second click is 3 white led's. Last click is Halogen spot light. I love mine! Bright, light, e-z. under $15.00. :big_smile:

15. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i love mine aswell thay are perfect for fishing now that i have one i would hate to know i had to do with out it lol:cool2:

16. TNYHWK1

TNYHWK1 Member

State:
    ROCKFORD ILLINOIS
    Checked out them there lights. Thems for Shinnin. Nice lights, I like that the batteries hook to the belt, not to your head. A Guy could get whiplash like that! :tounge_out: