head lamp review

Discussion in 'Fishing Clothing Review' started by dust off the poles, Jul 19, 2009.

1. dust off the poles

dust off the poles New Member

State:
    kansas
    I have been digging around a lil, looking for a head lamp that has a black light in it as well. I found one that has like 13 white l.e.ds & 6 black lights. It wus like $35.00. Anyone else have any tips or sites or advice?:eek:oooh:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Got me a good size clip on at WalMart. Green and white lites. The green works like a champ. It wasn't all that expensive either. Happy huntin to ya. LOL!

3. dust off the poles

State:
    kansas
    Thanks for the feed back, I dig your organization I saw on a old thread. I will be tring to implement some things I saw there. Good luck:wink:

4. Az Birddog

Az Birddog New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az.
    Yea, walmart had a bunch of different ones last time I was there. Blacklights, red lights, white. some for hats and some headbands. they were less than 10 bucks for most of em. only bad thing is they used those little button batteries.

5. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    got one as a gift from L L Bean, headband 4 clear LED lights , works good...takes 3 AA batteries easier to find those than the button type batteries

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  6. Rich.Carpenter

Rich.Carpenter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Picked up one at Wal-Mart that was made by Energizer. It only has white and red LED's, but I am very satisfied with it. Plus, it uses AAA batteries which is also a bonus. It's not really helpful on long casts in the dark, but it provides great light up close and fares well up to 30 yards or so.

7. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Catfish connection has one for about 11 and uses 3AAA. I personally like the cap lights as I always have a hat on.

8. Rich.Carpenter

Rich.Carpenter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I personally prefer the headband models, even though I'm always wearing a baseball cap. The bill of my hat shades my eyes and gives me that little bit of protection against the bugs that go all kamikaze into the light.

9. cavereric

cavereric New Member

State:
    Austin,Texas
    Well now this is a subject near and dear to me ( I really do cave exploration) There's alot of good head lamps out there head lamps are to cavers what rod and real set ups are to fishing and are priced similarly. We collect them like old reels also. Theres 2 brands that I really like Petzl and Black Diamond both are bomb proof and pretty water resistant it's the black light thing that they dont have. I picked up an Energizer one (it's strictly for above ground activity) It has a red led on it witch keeps the bugs away. Its a very good battery life about 18-21 hrs and is water resistant. I had to put some tape on the bottom of the lens to keep it from shinning in my eyes. Good light and its relatively cheap picked it up for around $15 bucks at home depot. If you want really high end there is the Sten light for around 300 buck which you could special order with different led's in it. If you want any info on them pm me and I can send you a link.

10. dust off the poles

State:
    kansas
    I have got an energiser one from wal mart. It is the black lite part I am really after. I found one on a csi equiptment type website. It had white & black lite. It just seemed a lil cheap looking. Thanks for your advice.:big_smile:

11. FATBOY DAN

FATBOY DAN New Member

State:
    West T= IN.
    Where did you find this at id like to see about geting me one for fishing as well as hunting.

12. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Buy the cheap one's. I bought some more expensive ones and they don't last any longer. I clip mine on my hat. The others give me a head ache. You can get them for 5$ about anywhere. Buy several because they just don't make them very rugged.

13. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO