He Shoots! He Scores!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by CuzICan, Oct 4, 2008.

1. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    John was just dying for me to come in and tell ya'll that he got his share today and he and my son are out now tracking one. said wouldn't be hard to find it...He'll be in to tell ya ALL about it ( more than you want to know) :tounge_out: in just a bit. He's excited as he can be since he hasn't been able to do any hunting at all, till today! YAY Sweet handsome Johnny !!!! :tounge_out::big_smile::roll_eyes:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    YEAH!!! Congrats to him and I hope they don't spend all evening tracking that other one. Looking forward to hearing his story!!

3. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    CONGRATS JOHN!!!!

Can't wait to hear the details and see some pics.

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks Cher, Way to go Johnny!!! Can you say Backstrap?... I knew that ya could...:big_smile:

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Great job Johnny! Way to go. Post some pics of the deer if possible!!

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Where is he? He can't still be tracking. We need to hear the stroy. Speech, speech! Way to go man! Congrats.

7. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    what billie said , thanx's for share'n Mamm can't wait fo the story and pic .:roll_eyes:

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    No cam no pix, but meat is chillin on ice. I put my climber on a tree yesterday evenin and set for prolly an hour and seen a big doe and a yearling feeding toward me. Then another doe as big as a mule jumps the fence by herself. I immediately thought this is the one i'm lookin for:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile: Let me back track, before climbing tree i poured 1/2 gallon of stump licker on a stump and hide jug in brush pile behind stand. Anyway i 'm watchin these deer feed for prolly 20 minutes. The big barren doe feeds off behind me and i thought was going on off down the ridge. The doe and yearling are feedin into bow range.As i went to stand up, i heard a comotion and the big barren deer i thought was gone was right behind me where i threw the empty jug.:crazy: Not good. I went ahead standing thinking this deer was on it's way to the next county. Anyway i let the yearling walk and shot the doe, a bit far back i mite say.Anyway the big doe that busted me was still there. I'm without an arrow and this deer is within spittin distance and has me pinned down. Finally she gets her head behind a tree and i'm able to grab another arrow and draw. She walks out and i spine shot her and killed her instantly. Enuff babble, i got to cut up meat. Good luck everyone.

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Nice job John. Way to go! :big_smile:

10. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Man I sure am glad to hear that ya smoked em John. Sounds like ya had quite an experience.:big_smile:

11. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Way to go John. Fillin that freezer up early.

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great story John. I could feel your excitemant. Congrats.

13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations John, are ya having fresh backstrap for supper tonight :cool2:.

14. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Congrats! tracking deer is one of the many awesome things about deer hunting, I love getting buddies/family together and seeing the excitement and joy in tracking a deer.

15. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Congrats on getting meat in the freezer. I have only been out once saw alot but none in bow range.

16. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Thanks cher for letting us know and way to go Johnny nice story!:big_smile:

17. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    way to go john get ya some pot of chile goin when it cools off

18. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    This part is as exciting as making the shot to me. Depending on the shot, i try to give adequate time and the slip begins. I've had to get a second shot off a few times in my life and slippin along a blood trail, lookin ahead is a major part of my excitement.

19. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    WTG John sounds like your going to have to start frying fish to make room for a couple of doe's,lol. Good luck with the rest of the season.

20. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    YW, was no problem to post it for him.