Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

HE FINALLY DID IT.

2K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  catfisherman_eky3 
#1 ·
Brett Favre says he is retiring.One of the greatest QBS ever.

#2 ·
I hate to see him retire.Even at his age he still is one of the top third of starting QBS in the league now.And Im eating my words because i said he was washed up last year I never was so wrong.Give the guy credit he went out still somewhat on top of his game.He was a great Quarterback.

#9 ·
yea I hate to see Brett go. I really enjoyed watching him. he was from back in the day, old school.
I thought for sure he might go to one more SB before leaving. I'm going to miss watching him. A great QB for sure. Rocket arm.
Troy Aikman said it wouldnt surprise him if Brett changed his mind closer to season starting up. Rogers, he seems good to take Brett's place but I think GB said something bout, looking for more more experienced. Shoot if Brett is out, only way for rogers to get the experience is let him step up.

I also read that on top of the Pats giving Moss 27 mil, he got a 15mil signing bonus.

One thing for sure, the Giants and Colts are not SB bound this coming up season. Manning brothers aint back to back SB repeaters. LOL Course the way the wind blows in the NFL, shoot, it could be Manning vs manning in SB. Not. LOL

Cowboys vs Pats. What a SB that will be.

#17 ·
Certainly one of the greatest qbs of all time. The man played at the highest level with the passion of schoolboy at recess. I'm sure he would have played for darn near free. He just loved the game so much. He never played for my team, and usually beat us. But it was impossible to hate the competition when he laid it all out like he did. Sure, there were more technical and more polished qbs out there, but the man played the position like a linebacker and that never got old to see.:worship:

#19 ·
Even though I'm a lifelong Steelers Fan,you can't help but to love watching Brett Favre running around on a Sunday Afternoon liking a 12 year old at the park.The pure joy on his face could power the city for a week.Now my wife , who was born and raised in Wisconsin, is going through all the steps of grief. The disbelief , denile, sadness, and now I believe that shes in the anger phase. It was amazing today, waiting in line for the special SI issue today. Everyone was talking about all their memories about Brett , and how they were pretty optimistic about next season. For years now, I've had to put up with missing my Steelers games, but I have had the pleasure of watching Brett do what Brett does best. At any moment during the game, you had to believe that he was going to pull something out of his hat.Aaron Rodgers as some mighty big shoes to fill.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.