HDTV

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by RiverKing, Oct 26, 2009.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    anyone know what the best settings on an LG HDTV would be. Like the color, contrast, brightness, and all of that?

2. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It may sound funny, but in the case of televisions, it's true. I could give you my settings from my LG, but you may find them bad for your personal taste.

Experimentation is the best path to follow. Just keep adjusting until you find your own personal sweet spot.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I'd think that the factory default settings would be pretty close to perfect.

Bill in SC

4. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Turn everything up to 11.

Attached Files:

5. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    This! :wink:

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Factory default settings on our LG 32" and Samsung 67" give perfect picture.

Some tv stores will push buying their expensive HDMI cable. Our cable company furnishes component cable (5 cables together) with their HD receivers. I've tried both component and HDMI cable, could tell no difference. Also read that one cable is no better than the other and in fact sometimes component cable will out perform HDMI cable. HDMI cable is neater looking for there is only one cable.

7. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Yeah I have the HDMI cable, and I have a good picture, I was just basically wanting to know if there were any secrets to "tweak" it a bit

8. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    The main thing I have noticed is people with the large tvs seem to always have it on some funky aspect ratio causing the picture to be squished or parts cut off.