HDS 10 Review

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by tswebb71, Oct 10, 2009.

1. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    I finally pulled the trigger and purchased an HDS 10 and I must say that I am impressed. I have a bird 997csi (which will be for sale shortly) but have always felt that the 2d was woefully inadequate. Boy was I correct. The HDS holds bottom at 53 MPH and even gives you a clear crisp display of the bottom at that speed. I was truly impressed. I am just now waiting on the structure scan to be released. Except for the side imaging (which I will withhold judgment until I see the HDS'), the two finders are the difference between daylight and dark.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Scott I look forward to reading more reviews from you on this HDS 10.

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    scott keep me in mind when you get rid of the 997.. might be in the market for another one..

4. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have the HDS-7 and couldn't be happier. The structure scan will put Lowrance past the competition. Great product and at this point I have nothing to complain about. Better than anything else I have ever had or seen

5. Tool958

Tool958 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Scott, have you had any issues with the HDS-10? I'm looking at the 8 and am planning on upgrading when the side and bottom scan comes out. May even eventually get another HDS so I can have one on the console and one on the front. Looks like networking them are farely simple.

6. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    Don, I have had no issues other than having to tweek my transducer height a little. I am still extremely pleased and can't wait for the structure scan.

7. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Glad to hear you finally got one Scott. I have no regrets with my HDS-7. Now if they would get busy with the structure scan release before I lose out on the $100.00 rebate. :confused2:

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have a HDS7, wish I had the funds to pull the trigger on a 10! Lol, on another note, a buddy of mine called Bass Pro today, and they said someone had already came in last week and installed the "simulator" for the display models for the structure scan, so I assume it will be released any day now. I have heard on other boards that its 11/23, but can't confirm that. I would say if the display is up and running should be available any day now...

9. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Cant believe it!!!! Im your buddy???? LOL Anyways yeah thats what they said, any day now. i bet bass pro cant wait cause Ive been bugging the piss out of them for the past 2 months calling every few days to see if it is in yet. HEHE

10. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Those HDS models are sweet, From what I been hearing about the only thing they can't do is tell ya which fish are hungry. I'm buying my time and waiting for the structure scan reviews to come out before I decide to take that path.

11. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i have a bird si and after fishin with scott in the classic i went and bought a hd 5 to put on my console beside the bird. im gna just run both until we see how great the structure scan is. i love the birds si but like scott said the down look is not great. im lookin forward to gettin it in the mail any day