HB 997 SI memory cards

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by TNVOLCAT, Feb 27, 2009.

1. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Looking for suggestions on memory cards. Is this something I can pick up at Walmart, or a Radio Shack type item?

Also, best brands, sizes, price differences, or any other suggestions you might have.

Thanks!

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Got both of mine at Wal-MArt. Some of he cheap ones does not work as well. but I got both of mine and they were around $15 each.
    Pete

3. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks Pete, I was looking at the ones at Walmart last night. The brand that had the most to pick from was "SanDisk". I believe they had a 1,2,4 and 8 GB memory card. Different price range of course. I just didn't know if these would work or not.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    SanDisk is a good brand. A 1gb card should be plenty big enough, but if the price difference is small, get a 2GB card instead.

5. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    When it comes to compact flash cards you can't go wrong with Sandisk or Kingston. I use both at work in machine control devices and have had no problems with either. I have one vender that buys the sandisk then puts their sticker on it and resells it for around 300. He made the mistake of letting me find this out so I cut out the middle man.

6. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    SanDisk was the pioneer in removable flash memory storage, and the originator of the SD format used in the Humminbird units. They wrote most of the standards. They are generally a good solid choice, but most cards would work. I'd stick to 1 or 2 gb though, as some devices don't support the bigger cards, and some that supposedly do are flakey or slow when using bigger cards.

7. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    I agree with the rest. Scandisk has worked for me no problems.

8. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
  9. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    A 2 gig sandisk card is about $12 at wall mart. On a 997, the average sidescan screenshot is about 100K. 2 Gig will save a heck of a bunch of them. Download to your computer - wipe the card and start over. Personally I only use 2 cards. 1 in the 997 and a spare.