HB 409 34" catfish rule

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Matt Smith, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Matt Smith

Matt Smith New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The bill was killed this morning while in committee by deferring it until February 2007.

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thats great news for you guys down there, now you have time to organize a large protest against it in 2007.

3. TNcat

TNcat New Member

State:
    TN
    That's great!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you ver y much for the update, and if there's anything I can do let me know in the future.

4. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Thats awesome. The big cats are safe for another year. We all need to start a petition and call these state reps and let them know how much we support this.

5. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    politicians playing their games as usual.

It's pretty obvious this bill is NOT supported by the general public. Yet, they simply 'postponed' it. They hope that next year we will all fall asleep at the wheel and they can get their pockets lined by the lobbiest's (sp?) that keep trying to get this pushed threw.

It would be nice to have some real men in office...men who lead in the attempt to make our state better...instead of men who seek to pad their bank and retirement accounts.

cyas
    rc

6. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Well that is good news anyway all these "big uns" have another year to grow and let me try and catch one of them. Like someone said I think they are waiting on people to get tired of dogging it and relax and then slip it in on us but the "people" have apparently prevailed again for another year.

7. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Guys we really need to jump on this earlier next year. Maybe even start a petition sometime soon. We have to really fight for these big cats so that EVERYBODY has a chance to enjoy these great fish. THere are maybe two or three fellers on the state reps that is really pushing to repel the 34" limit.

8. TNcat

TNcat New Member

State:
    TN
    I agree with you Slim.

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Yes they are hoping that we will fall asleep and forget about it. but I dought that.
    We need to send in a few thousand mails and letters and calls early next time.
    PEte

10. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm told that rolling the bill to next year essentially kills it completely since we are in the second year of our TN Legislative Session. Of course we know in politics, there is no such thing as "always" or "never."

11. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    sorry guys I didn't help this year but will from now on.