Haynesworth

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by zappaf19, Oct 2, 2006.

1. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I can not believe he kicked a player in the head! He should be banned from football!
    Bill

2. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Banned? No. But he'll have a healthy fine and and a several game suspension. That was just uncalled for.

3. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    He's been known to have a temper. I've seen it coming to this as the season has started out horrible for the Titans. It's very obvious in his interviews that he's very unhappy with the 0-4 start, but still no reason to take out his frustrations on an opposing player like he did. His actions are an embarassment to the State of Tennessee, the Tennessee Titans and his alma mater, the University of Tennessee. As a native Tennessean, I appologize for his actions.

4. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    i would not ban him from the league but there is no way he would see the field again this year.that was uncalled for and i believe the league will fine him and suspend him for maybe 4 to 6 games and Jeff Fisher will suspend him the reast of the season.

5. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    There should be charges brought against him. There was no need for it in the game if you would kick someone in the head in a fight you are in serious trouble.

6. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Players who cannot contain their temper on the feild should not play period. They make way too much money to show that kind of immaturity on the feild.

7. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    THe NFL suspended Him for 5 games, the longest such suspension in history.

8. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    i think it was the titans that supended him 5 games without pay not the league. hopefully the league will further come down on him. please dont take this racistly, but its true now in all sports. you can take the player outta the ghetto, but you cant take the ghetto outta the player.

9. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    ummm my bad. yep it was the league that suspended him. I think the suspension was a little light.

10. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    The league will have more to say about that incedent. It won't go left undone. He deserves whatever they give him and then some. That was just wrong.

11. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    I Agree He Should Be Fined Suspended Whatever But Heres The Question.ok He Kicked A Guy In The Head And Everybody Is Outraged But In Hockey Fighting Makes The Game Better And Everybody Loves It. I Know This Is Off The Subject Of The Thread But Why Is It Ok In One Professional Sport And Not In The Other And Dont Tell Me That It's Hockey Tradition To Fight.football Used To Be Able To Hit The Qb Too. Times Change Kids Are Watching.fighting In Hockey Gets You 2 Minutes In The Penalty Box And You Guys Want Haynesworth To Be Suspended For The Rest Of The Year

12. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN

The difference is the way they happen. In hockey fighting does happen. But as soon as one player hits the ice the fight is stopped because of how sharp the skates are. Fighting is 'allowed' but they don't put players in obvious danger. That one guy that hit the guy from behind with his stick, and dang near killed him, got a whole season suspension. Haynesworth, a 320 pound lineman, stomped on a guys unprotected head. that is different than a hockey fight-in my opinion

13. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX

The big defference is how it was done, how many hockey fights have you seen where a player starts the fight by kicking another with a skate whiel he lays on the ground? Better yet how many times in the exact same situation does the kicking player rip the helmet off first? NEVER.

Yes there are fights in hockey just liek in football, but kicking someone in the face with your cleet after rippign his helmet off is a different deal.

14. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    Quote from Fox Sports Network

"The league suspended Haynesworth for five games - more than twice the length of the previous longest suspension - for flagrant unnecessary roughness. He won't be paid while he serves the suspension, effective immediately, which will cost him approximately $190,000."

Is that enough???

In my opinion no. This guy has had a history of violence on and off the football field. If you read his record you will clearly see there is a definate pattern. This guy should be serving a Min. 1 year suspension. And cival charges should be made by Gurode, for him now having to walk around with a scar that took 30 stitches to close, for the rest of his life.

Just my opinion though....

15. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    you guys are missing the point.i'm talking about violence in pro sports.maybe i should of started another thread!all im saying that kids watch all these games on tv now .why is fighting in hockey ok but it isnt in other sports. i know kicking to the head is different than a fist fight but it is all violence aint it.if two guys are fistfighting in the street and the cops see it your probaly going to jail but in hockey it's just part of the game .isnt this wrong?

16. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i agree i dont think he should be suiting up till the 2007 season starts.. that was just purely uncalled for.... hes a joke as a football player in my eyes from now on...

17. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    OK then what about Boxing and Martial arts..

18. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    so why not football or basketball or baseball.hockey is no different.

19. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    thats cause them canadians are bullys..... I know that fighting does accur in Hockey but im not a big fan of it.. but i see your point.. and it is a good question...... I wish i understood enough of it so i could know for myself why that one sport is different....

20. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    i'm not a big hockey fan but most of the people that are say it's always been that way it's tradition.oh well, dont make sense to me