Hawg Seeker with Bite detector

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Raven, May 27, 2009.

1. Raven

Raven New Member

State:
    alabama
    I am thinking of getting this rod and reel set, has any one used it?

TY

RAVEN

2. FATDAD

FATDAD New Member

State:
    Mount Sterling,
    have not used one but i think you have to tight line for the alarm to work. i dont think it will work free spool.

3. Raven

Raven New Member

State:
    alabama
  4. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    i have one and i love it. great rod and reel,don't use the bite detector that much though.it has a bite sencitivity lever on it that works on a pretty lose drag but not free spool.definately worth buying though.hope this helps, shane

5. RiverPossum

RiverPossum New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I have the spinning version that you're looking to buy. The rod and reel are a good value for the price. my only complaint was the line which has a ton of memory. I changed that out and have had no problems. As far as the bite detect goes, I've never really used it.

6. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    I have 2 of the closed face spincast models and I love them. I bought mine without the rod and matched with Ugly Stik Catfish rods. The bait alarm works well, but won't work in free spool mode. For the closed faced ones, I need to use a bank rod holder that points the rod toward the water, not the cheap spiral kind that hold the rod up and down. It all depends on how you use them, whether you will like them. When I am panfishing with a rod or 2 out for cats that I'm not paying close attention to, the alarm is great. Otherwise I leave it off.

7. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I got 1 a couple weeks ago at Wal-Mart. $48.00, it's the open faced one. Only problem is I haven't hooked a big one on it yet :angry: For the money, you can't go wrong. Im going to pick up 1 more for the GF soon, it will be the closed face real.

8. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i dont care for the rod n reel combo. the bite detector has never worked on it so i changed out the reel and used another reel with the pole, i have hooked into some big blues with it and the pole is great. one of my favorite poles and i river fish here on the MO

9. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I bought my youngest son one and he has caught a ton of fish on that set up ,The bite detector work's great you just need to set it up with the amount of weight your using and adjust the level of sensitivity ...the rod is made of e-glass and for the price of 36 dollar's it's a great pole and reel. Most people don't try and set the reel up right that's why they say it don't work right :sad2: my son has caught a lot of channel cat's and striper's on this rig and there are a few BOC member's who have posted they caught over 40 pound cat's on this pole and reel with out a problem.

10. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    ive caught fish as big as 15 pounds on mine withe the bite detector never going off, never use it anymore, and the reel itself only lated about 20 trips and its shot,,,, the pole is pretty good tho

11. rks1949

rks1949 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I picked one up yesterday,and Love it!:big_smile: The line is a little stiff as noted above,but the strike alert (or what ever it's called) really works well,and is adjustable for current,ect. I got the open face reel,as I can use heavy line with it. Ron