Having any luck below Wheeler?

Discussion in 'ALABAMA RIVER TALK' started by my4x4awd, Jul 4, 2006.

1. my4x4awd

my4x4awd New Member

State:
    TN
    Hey new to the board, but love to Catfish. I usually fish alot below Wheeler Dam. I went Saturday, but came home skunked. When i was leaving a couple of fisherman launching their boat asked about my luck. They asked if I was at the Dam or down river, and said everyone is wearing them out down river. So can anyone here help out. My motor isnt that great, so I won't go at night anymore.

2. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Craig,

Welcome to the BOC. You will definately enjoy it. Their are many experienced fisherman willing to spread the advice and joke enough to keep you going through the droughts. I have been fishing Lay Lake close to the dam and the fishing has not been great the last few outings. I believe the blues are spawning here and it may be the case at Wheeler. My brother fishes Guntersville and he reports pretty much the same. I will be heading below the dam on the next trip...I'll let you know how it goes.

I hate to hear about your motor. What exactly did you need help with?

3. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Craig, first off welcome the BOC, it's a great place full of knowlege and good folks. It truly is a brotherhood.

Not sure about below the dam, but I've been having luck upstream between Huntsville and Triana.

4. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Welcome Craig, now come on brothers help the man out . I spent some time around this part of the land working around there a couple of years ago. I know the people are great there. I miss it down there. You have great water for fishing . enough said lol

Whats wrong with the motor? go to repairs thread and ask someone will help ya.

5. my4x4awd

my4x4awd New Member

State:
    TN
    This site sounds like a great place to hang out. I was just asking about what the guys meant about down river. I guess the blues are spawning and feeding down river. I only caught a few skipjacks at the dam and didnt see any shad running. Thanks for the welcome, see ya around.

Craig