Haven't we all done this?

Discussion in 'Boat Safety' started by Pylodictis Olivaris, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I got another reminder of my stupidity the other day when I repeated one of my acts that I seem to accomplish at least 3 or 4 times a year....I was unhooking the boat and and trailer from the back of my truck and pulled away from it and started gathering all my stuff to put it away for the day....so I was walking from truck to boat and boat to truck and around the boat and around the truck and then boom!! There it was, the good ol trailer hitch across the shin routine. Seriously..how many times do I have to endulge this pain to remember to look down when walking around the back of a truck? You would think the pain would be a constant reminder to pay attention, not to mention the hundreds of times I have laughed at Bill Dance doing the same thing in his blooper video. When I do this I just think to myself that at some point or another every boat owner has done this.....it may not be true but at least it makes me feel better. Haven't we all done this before?

2. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Yep! I have been there and done that myself more times than i can remember! I try to remember to take my receiver out as soon as i unhook to prevent that!

3. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    if you are doing it only 3 or 4 times a year then you are doing pretty good toddit seems like i doe it 3 or 4 times a month

4. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yep me too :lol: the pain is a good reminder

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Have a friend that has that trouble around my hitch. Now I drop the tail gate when he is around!!

6. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    At least ya didn't drag the motor skeg on the ground and pull the pigtail out of the trailer the day after you bought your new boat!!!

Not that has ever happened to me!!!

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    My wife drives our "towing" vehicle. Ball and hitch stay in the reciever year round. Don't remove it. Too afraid of it getting lost. lmao

She still wacks herself good every now and then. I do once in a blue moon. Most of the time, just rub up against it.

8. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Hey could be a market there for a new gadget.
    :smile2:

9. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

I know im guilty of it..LMAO

10. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I've gotten around that by leaving the boat hooked to the truck till I'm done unloading. I do one side at a time.LOL

11. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Count me in done it too many times Oh it Hurts:embarassed:

12. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    I reckon someone who say's they ain't never done it would be lying.....My and my receiver get close more than I care ta admit........

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm guilty more than once a month. I like the idea of letting the tailgate down as a signal to stay alert. Good Post.

14. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Dropping the tailgate does make a lot of sense.

15. WLG

WLG New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That hurts BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

16. Moon Cat

Moon Cat New Member

State:
    Upper Marlboro, Maryland
    Ive done it enough times even drawn blood once. I havent had it happen lately but I still manage to get some grease from the ball on my pants. I work at a Ford dealer Im around trucks all day.