Haven't been on here in a LONG time

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by HoFFmaXX, Oct 11, 2007.

1. HoFFmaXX

HoFFmaXX New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey guys, its Chris Hoffman. I used to be on here every day right before fishing season started earlier this spring. I kinda didnt come on for awhile not since july that is. I guess i just got busy fishing lol. Not sure if anyone remembers me but it's good to see some familiar faces on here still and i look forward to sharing the cabin fever with u all again this winter. :wink:

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome back. It's gotten better!! What about a fishing report?

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Welcome back did you catch anything?

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Welcome back. When is the fish fry?

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I joined a spell back and forgot about the meaning. Now I'm back.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Welcome back, now how about telling us all about the big fish you caught. Don't be keeping it a mystery.We really do want to know.

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Welcome back, and as the others have stated how has the fishing been.

8. HoFFmaXX

HoFFmaXX New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I can see that you all obviously want to know how i did this year, so I'll share a bit.

Most people in life, live by the day right? Well I have chosen a hobby that causes me to live by the night. That hobby is Catfishing. Not saying that everyone who catfishes is a night person, because I've been in the day too. But nevertheless I have become a night owl. As I previously mentioned, I spent all winter and EARLY EARLY spring on these forums passing the cabin fever with all you guys. As soon as the water around here in southwestern ohio hit the right temperature, I was gone fishin. I can remember my first night out perfectly. I was out in the middletown area of the Great Miami River. Got all set up at about 9pm ready for an all night affair. I patiently waited not expecting much of anything. Around 10:45 something happened. I was just sitting there reading a book when my heart stopped momentarily. I didn't even have to think about what had just happened, no need to ponder this moment in time, no need to ask myself any questions, no need to do anything other than what I was born to do, Catch a Fish. Indulged in my Sci-fi book, I heard an all too familiar sound, Click Click Click, in a slow but steady pace. So I jumped out of my seat in that instant, Picked up my 11' Catmaxx (hence Hoffmaxx) rod with my recently cleaned and lubricated Abu Garcia C3 reel, smoothly turning off the clicker and engaging the reel. Feeling the adrenaline pump through my body I reminded myself to stay calm, This was it, this was the moment I waited all winter for. All of you know what I mean by this im sure, once you hear that clicker, sometimes you seem to forget everything else for a brief second and make small mistakes due to the fact that your are so overcharged with energy and excitement. Anyway, I turned around getting ready to yank on this pole as if my life depended on it, and I now shamelessly admit, I picked up the wrong pole in the midst of my excitement. And As i engaged the reel on this pole, apparently the clicker had stopped on the other pole leading me to believe that I was correct in my decision on picking this pole up. I found this out because not a second after yanking this pole, the clicker started again on the other pole. I put this one down, and after all that confusion and frustration, I ended up missing that fish anyway. My luck was much the same for about the first 2 weeks. then I started catching some smaller ones in the 5-15lb range. That held true for a few months actually, I did catch one about 28 lbs. Not to shabby I guess. I wanted to break 30lbs this year tho. thanks for welcoming me back :]

P.S. I dont expect everyone to read all that, but if you do, Thanks! lol

9. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Welcome back, Chris. Was wondering where you run off to. Should've known it was to the water... Anyway, congrats on catching that 28 lber. My biggest can't be over fifteen, so that's a monster for me. You'll break that thirty pound mark soon, I'm sure. Especially if my pb is in your small range...ha. Tc and keep us updated on any more fishin' you do. Enjoyed the story.

-Red

10. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
  11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Chris! Welcome back buddy :big_smile:. I enjoyed your story myself, looking forward to seeing you in chat again soon so we can all catch up and hear more about what kept you away for so long :wink:. (Better watch that night owl stuff though, it'll come back to bite ya young'un :eek:oooh:.)

12. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Chris,and a Big Old Welcome Back.Now Don't stay away so Long OK.J.D.:roll_eyes:

13. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    welcome back brother! i thought u probably went to the water