Have you thought of it like this

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by southpaw, Aug 6, 2006.

1. southpaw

southpaw New Member

State:
    alabama
    its late in the evening and you arrive at your spot.it is quite and you anchor down.the rods a ready and you cast to your spots.you sit back and relax taking in the stillness of the night.waiting for the sound of your rod being bit.your antcipation builds as you know that the big ones are near.the silence is broken as your rod doubles down. it is what you have been waiting on. the battle is on.it is just you and your quary. who will win? the fight rages on and finally you net the fish you have been waiting on. your trophy is in the boat. you admire and weigh it.released to fight another day.you bait again and cast out. sitting down once again to wait.all the while enjoying the peace and the thrill of the fight.
    the reason i wrote this is to me this is what chasing giant cats is all about.

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Hey Steve, Welcome to the BOC!!!
    Most of us on here think about this every time we go. It may not happen every time, but it is nice when it does, LOL!!!

3. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I can only dream.... so far...:big_smile: Welcome to the BOC, Steve
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Abstract art is] a product of the untalented, sold by the unprincipled to the utterly bewildered. ~Al
    Capp

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Works for me! LOL! Welcome aboard Steve.

5. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Steve:
    Yes I have thought about it.It's so relaxing ou there looking at the stars and the moon feel the gentle breeze.Also it's very beautiful and peaceful for me to watch the sky start to lighten up as it breaks dawn,catching fish is lots of fun and I have yet to catch a trophy,but just being there and enjoying the peace makes it all worthwhile for me.Welcome Brother Glad to have you.Sister pk:big_smile:

6. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    Welcome to the BOC. You paint such a beautiful picture! I don't fish ... YET. I am waiting for my hubby, BamaCats, to buy me a PINK Ugly Stick!
    Once again, Welcome & enjoy the insanity!

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Pat......catching fish is FUN, but it's also about the beauty of God's creation, isn't it? Sunrise AND sunset are two of my favorite times to be on the water......peace and serenity, two words I can't get enough of. Of course, I can give up a little of that for a ZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGG.........:big_smile: Hey Lisa, just get Cleve to talk to those Henderson, KY brothers. I'm sure they can hook you up with a pink Ugly. LMAO.

8. BamaCats

BamaCats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Steve welcome to the BOC, when i am out fishing at night i sit and think about so much. Mostly about my wife and my girls and how much they make me happy and it never fails as soon as i get to thinking about getting me a boat thats when i usually get the poles bent over. :lol: Hey tanya i am gonna have to get in touch with JW adn Dh and get me one of those Pink Ugly sticks for Lisa.

9. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Very well said Steve! Welcome to the BOC!