Have you seen turkeys

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by hunterman1971, Mar 17, 2006.

1. hunterman1971

hunterman1971 New Member

State:
    Ky
    I was just looking around a farm i hunt on. the owner said he hasn't seen one bird.last year they were seen everyday what do you think ( acorns) or did they move on or what .tell me what you think.

2. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    Good question, I just got back from a three month trip and will go out and see if we have the same problem or not. I'll let you know. Daryl:confused:

3. hunterman1971

hunterman1971 New Member

State:
    Ky
    Thanks aftercats i'm still looking around here and nothing so how are the birds in tn i'm getting ready for a wheeling sportsmen hunt in greenville the 1 and 2 i can't wait let me know :)

4. ccromwell78

ccromwell78 New Member

State:
    IL
    Spotted about 20 in a flock about 2 miles from where I will be hunting in about a month. A tom was struting on the horizion of the bluff.

5. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ive seen tons of them out here at the farm in Missouri. We still have our feeders out and have lots of pics of them hittin the feeders hard. I have seen 2 toms struttin and have a couple pics as well. I have seen a couple different large flocks 20-30 birds at a time. They are thick out here and I have been seeing them everywhere!

6. hunterman1971

hunterman1971 New Member

State:
    Ky
    If you need any help there hunting then i'm free...lol the birds here are not in the fields yet i'm waiting for then.the farm where i hunt he just resold the ground with cover ..oh boy :)

7. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    See them quite a bit in the fields along I-64 between Louisville and Shelbyville. Also along I-71 between Carrollton and Louisville.

8. truck

truck New Member

State:
    williamsburg ohio
    Saw 40 to 50 yesterday in 1 flock at our land!!!!They seem to be getting into their spring/summer routine.

9. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    On the way to our veteren's hospital there are so many wild turkeys that there are "turkey crossing" road signs! Sometimes there will be 30 or 40 blocking the road! Wild pigs and deer too!

10. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yep saw about 35 birds up at my farm the other day