Have you lost any rod and reel combos this yr?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by varmint_sniper, Nov 12, 2009.

1. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Fellow BOC members i was wondering how many rod and reel combo's you have lost on the water this yr and how? Also how many have you lost and got back due to retreveing them?:wink: I think this will be a very good post to see every one's answers.......... OHHHH and DAVE you get to list bought the 1 at a MWCD lake that i got back for you,:smile2: Also where they lost in a lake or river?

2. varmint_sniper

State:
    OHIO
    As of so far i havent lost a rod and reel combo this yr but my buddie's have lol

3. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i havent lost any rod and reels since i went to baitcasters and baitrunners. I have come close to getting spooled because i fell asleep.:embarassed: Steve does have a funny story tho from this year, we were watching our rods and his was just getting blasted. The rod started to go in the water but he set hook and landed a 10 pound flattie:smile2:

4. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    I have only lost one and could not find it, I took my son in law fishing at night in my boat a game warden was heading in our direction. I told my son in law to get out is fishing licsence, he said that he did not have any. We were mainly jug fishing so after I called him a few choice adjutives I told him to toss the rig close to the bank in the water. Well he dropped straight down in 30+ foot of Water. It turned out that it was not a Game Warden after all just some boaters lost. We never did find the rig.

5. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Have not any yet, Heres hoping I don't. ​

6. varmint_sniper

State:
    OHIO
    i forgot to add busted rods also to that ? i posted originally crap#$#$%:angry: ok guys how many rods have you broke this yr also?

7. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The Ohio has my 9' catmaxx with an abu garcia 7000c3. :confused2:

8. varmint_sniper

State:
    OHIO
    iam so sry to hear that almost make me want to cry poor rod and reel:sad2:

9. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well ive lost two...First one i had a rod and reel combo leaned up on a guardrail on a bridge. Will told me he said "man if a flat hits that ur gonna lose ur setup"...I said nah and pulled line outta the clicker and said "see its steady here, a fish can pull line all day and ill keep my setup"....well i was playing around on my other pole slaying some channelcats and sure enough i hit the two pole tips together and there went my 8ft pole and okuma eb65 straight to the creek channel in 14ft of water. Thank god i had a bobber on that we snagged and held up to show where the pole was laying and the amazing varmint sniper snagged it with his arsenal. yay willie....i also broke an abu rod on a flathead this year too...rod broke in two at the joint and splintered knicking my line. The fish stayed on about two more minutes but of course, never actually made any progress before the knicked up line got broke. Needless to say no more two piece poles for me. Well for being a channel cat fisherman last year and turning into a flatty fisherman this year ive learned something...fishing for flats is far more expensive...ive never broke a pole or lost one to a lake while channel fishing but lost two in the same year on flats....still all well worth it tho!:smile2:

10. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Had a buddy step on my Sabaki Rod and break it in half if that counts. Also broke the last guide off of one of my junky BASSPRO Power Plus rods. Haven't lost a rod and real for a while now.

11. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    We lost a couple this year.Got them all back except for one.I also lost my buddies gaff why trying to get a gar on the bank.Never did find that thing.

12. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dang yall hard on gear.

13. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    after my buddies pole got pulled into the river last year i switched to all baitrunners and haven't had any losses:wink:

14. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    havent lost any yet!

15. catfishDK

catfishDK New Member

State:
    cincinnati OH
    Havent lost any rods but my net got to bouncin around and flew out of the boat last friday. Tried dragin for it but all that did was lose me an 8/O and a 6oz LOL

16. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    i havent lost or broken any in a while, some one ill leave as un named almost lost a 7ft and an abu 6000 last year on my pontoon boat when he forgot to set the clicker lol, we did find out that the rod floated which was lucky, i snagged it and got the rod back but lost the fish, i shoulda used the finders keepers :wink: but i know he will use the excuse alcohol was involved

17. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    haven't lost a rod and reel yet ,but broke a bps megacrap reel when it hooked up a snag while drifting had the tip of the pole touching the boat , i was surprised it didn't break as it was an el cheapo berkley rod. also lost my drift sock last week , threw it out turned around to see how much time was left in the tourny and turned back and looked at it and was wondering why it was so far away from the boat then i realized why but it was to late at that point.:angry: i've also lost two anchors one was stuck the other cuase i did't retie the line when i got the boat . tossed it out and went about setting up the rods ,looked up and was wondering why i was moving down river so i went to check the anchor and there was my rope just floating:sad2: so those are my sacrifices to the river gods:eek:oooh:hopefully they will be happy with that and not want anything else

18. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    I have'nt lost a r&r,this year, the only thing i've lost was a set of 2 dollar pliers!!:big_smile:, oh and my cents of being sane sometimes:smile2::smile2::wink:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  19. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    i was fishing at one of the local spots i go to and another local drunk was fishing there like always. most of the time he just passes out or walks away with his lines still tight. well one night i was down the bank from him and saw he was passed out like always and noticed his lines were tight even after i have told him time and time again that he would lose his poles. there nothing fancy or anything but thats besides the point. he had baught a new R&R from wallyworld (it was a tiger i think) and he had it out that night. well i decided to teach him a lesson! i walked up brought the new pole in and went back to my spot with it. i yelled at him that his pole just went in the water! he woke up and said no there still here...! i told him no i just saw it go in. he looked again and started cursing up a storm. lol. he brought his other pole in and tried draging for it for a few and gave up all heated and stuff. finnally i told him i had it and next time it might just really be in the water!

20. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: