Have you heard this about your fishing habits?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by john barber, Aug 24, 2006.

1. john barber

john barber New Member

State:
    north carolina
    whose ever herd there ol lady say to them '' all you ever think about is fishing '' or this one '' I wish you thought as much of me as you do fishing'' has she ever said that or is mine the only one.:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

2. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    lol. mine been saying it for 11 years since we been married.good luck watch out if she starts going for a rolling pin.lol

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Near 14 years ago I heard that and I looked her right in the eye's and said" M, I was fishing long before you got here and I'll be fishing if you leave" she dropped it for about two years and then I gave her the the old " you know how much you love your dogs? Well then you know how much I love fishing. So when you get rid of your dogs I'll stop fishing." The subject has never been brought up agian since.

4. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    I don't have an ole lady and I am not one either but I am going to throw my 2 cents worth in here. :lol:

My other half doesn't have to worry about me saying that to him since I am the one that is always talking fishing or saying lets go fishing.

I don't have to worry about hearing it from him cause he knows better!

LOL, just kidding on the knowing better.

5. john barber

john barber New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thats some good advice there liadbck:lol:

6. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Brother weve all heard that,but in my case if you spend some time with her and let her know how special she is then shell let u go whenever you want too.:tounge_out:

7. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I don't think that my wife has ever said that. She likes fishing as much as I do and we go alot together. She even baits her own hook, LOL.

8. john barber

john barber New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey cattledogz I wish mine would start thinking like you lol.

9. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    could be she dont trust you off with out here. woman are diffrent creatures one day you will see that and give here all your time if not she might leave you for someone who will be carefull.good luck and remember if you have to choose her or the fish take the fish...lol:lol:

10. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    my advice is dont make it look like that you are choosing fishing instead of her, give her the option to go and if she chooses not to go then it is her choice not yours. then she and you are both happy and a fishing you wil go.
    my wife is the one who suggested that I buy a new boat and tells me to go fishing.
    a happy wife makes life good and a unhappy wife will make life hell.

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    mine said that almost 30 years ago and I ask her point blank .Which you want me to do go fishing ,putting food on the table or sit at a bar? your choice.No more said about the fishing or how long I'm gone.Try getting her to go with you ,she might learn to like it.

12. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Mine don't say much about the fishin she goes shopping I go fishin we are both happy and relaxed

13. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    How about trying a little thing I learned 16 years ago. I would leave to go fishing and she would whine a little, so, I started getting her something, a card, a little old flower, whatever. Anyway, I would start thinking about going fishing and I would stop at the store a day or so before hand. Get the card, or whatever, and bring it home after I went fishing. She liked it and tells me to go fishing now! Anyway, try to get her into fishing also, it's a helluva lot funner when you are both telling stories! Goodluck!

14. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    :smile2: As long as i keep up with the honey do list, my wife doesn't mind at all, but i do always ask if she minds me going. She knows how passionate i am about fishing, and is very supportive, and she also knows how passionate i am about her. Weave been married 36 yrs., i consider myself a very lucky man.

15. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    WHAT...she baits her own hook, My man you have hit the jackpot

16. JustCats

JustCats Member

State:
    North Carolina
    My wife really doesn't mind my son and I going fishing. She knows how much he loves it. Just this week we were talking about getting a boat. She said the only problem with getting a boat is, I'll never see ya'll again! I said of course you would, we would have to have clean clothes every once in a while!!!!!!!

Tony

17. DirtyHowi

DirtyHowi New Member

State:
    va
    my wife dont' mind, fact she down right encourages it. after all i have to pay 20 bucks an hour to go, small price with 6 kids, she don't work outside the home (she has the toughest job on planet earth) so i don't mind paying her for some range time or fishin time or huntin time. She uses it as a savings of sorts, keeps track of what i owe her and when she has enough on the ledger i get to go camera accessorie shopping....

dang i gots an expensive hobby.

18. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Good Post. I always tell people that there is 3 loves in my life, My kids ,The person I'm with and Fishing. I usually take the kids fishing with me ,My girlfreind doesnt like to fish, and i usually always catch fish, so 2 out of 3 aint bad. and yesa my girlfreind does all kinds of things to keep me home and not out fishing. but I always get my way.lol ( to a point :roll_eyes: )

19. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I am one of the blessed one my wife has never said any thing negitive about me hunting or Fishing So I encourge her hobbys

20. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    "OLD LADY" You got a set John! LOL!