Have you guys ever heard of this?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by deerhunter56, Apr 9, 2007.

1. deerhunter56

deerhunter56 Guest

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    :lol: I think it is cruel to use kittens.

Now, there are some full grown ones around my neighborhood. :lol:

3. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    It's pretty sick... It's looking like illegal to me... I cannot believe that dogs for shark's bait?!?!?! I would say it's better to use tuna for shark's bait.

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have threatened to do this before with kittens, but it was a joke. Sheila didn't find it very funny. I won't show her these links because she would be on the next flight out to the Po River! Then again...

5. deerhunter56

deerhunter56 Guest

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If this is actually happening I don't want to know it! It makes my blood boil! No I'm not a PETA person.But I can't stand cruelty to kittens or puppies or dogs or cats. Turns my stomach!!JMO:crazy:

7. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    ya let me catch someone doing this. they will be praying for the police to come and arrest them.:wink: dead serious

8. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I once found several puppies tied with rags on big hooks hung above the water.This was the upper part of "Rock Creek" at Naples FL. in the 50's.I had seen a adult that I knew just leaving the area.I was told that this was a "Old practice" to catch Gators.The noise was suppose to call Gators in a hurry.Some one call the Game warden as he showed up,questioned me,and left with the puppies.We never heard any more,but the hooks had disappeared the next day.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

9. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    As if the we don't have enough trouble with PETA as it is. That's all we need. I know most all flatheaders, myself included, use live bait, but we have to draw the line somewhere. For me, that's fish - I'll use pretty much any bug or fish as bait, but nothing "above" that. Nothing with legs (less than 6) or with warm blood. I know some people use salamanders, but I won't even do that.

10. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    That just teed me off;. maybe someone needs to hang them out there on a hook and use them for bait. Poor babies.

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Patrica I agree with you. An eye for an eye.:sad2:

12. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    whats the difference between using kittens for cut bait and using a chicken breast? Is it because some people keep cats for pets? If i kept chickens for pets then that would be more offensive to me.
    Cats are just another animal, they are a problem here in texas and have been proven to be a major predator of the natrual quail population.

13. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ill back James on this, I personally would use them but why is it bad????? I cant stand cats and I wouldnt use it for bait but just becuase there are some domesticated ones out there???? Im not sure if Im saying this correctly so please dont take offense I wouldnt use anything warm blooded but why is using a gill/bream so much less??

14. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    It is a old and common practice to use the dead and wounded for bait in warfare.To "take the bait" can cause our troops to lose their lives today.Humans of all ages have been and are being used for "live bait" to kill other humans.Not only as bait but living traps to conceal explosives.Some see no difference in Shad,Cats,Dogs,human infants or the elderly.Slavery is still openly practiced in some countries.We fight it,but we have not stopped it.Will we ever?I find it heartbreaking.I love animals,but I wonder why we cain;t raise as much hell about the humans used for bait.Have we just learned to accept it because it has been so common for so many years?I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I meant I would not use them sorry about that

16. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    im having a hard time figureing out how to word this reply without looking heartless.i kill or catch every thing that my family eats in the way of meat.i know that i have eat dog and cat in some of the countrys i have been in.i use live brim and other fish for bait.i kill and cut up other fish.i love dogs cant stand cats.i could in no way use dogs or cats for live bait.if i found a dead cat and needed bait maybe.if you were my friend and you were doing this you would keep it to yourself or we couldnt fish to gether anymore.thats just me.johnnie

17. wormduck

wormduck New Member

State:
    kentucky
    those people doning that need to shot

18. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    I personally hate cats, but I would never use them for bait or even a dog for that matter. I have known people around here that have used live kittens as bait on trotlines and these people I think are the scum of the earth and I have not or will not ever fish with them. As far as using chicken breasts or livers etc. i would use them because those chickens have already been processed. I would not ever use a live chicken for bait.

19. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    my wife would be sitting beside her, and would have left her cats for me to feed, lets go fishing lol

20. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    thats just plain wrong. people who do that should have the same thing done to them