Have you got or are going to get the H1N1 vaccine?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Johnny B, Nov 2, 2009.

1. YES

2. NO

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois

2. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    Just curious as to what u guys think of all this sickness! I guess there wa 22 people that have died in illinois from this strain and was wondering what everyone else thought. Iv'e heard alot of bad and good about all this as well!

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Due to a lack of vaccine, it should only go to those with an appropriate medical condition. Just because you want to play it safe is no reason to jeopardize someone else's life.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Voted no. I'm on the down side. Besides I kinda like pork. :wink:

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Better safe then sorry had the shot with no problems.

6. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    What has pork have to do with it?

7. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    I have recieved both of them with no side effects at all.

8. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    And just what medical conditions would that be? Because I have had people close to me that were in extremly great health that have died from H1N1! One was a 12 year old little girl from the Church that I attend and the other was a fellow teacher at the High School that I teach at. The H1N1 is no respecter of persons at all, anyone is Susceptible to the virus.

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Don, I am sorry for your loss. The medical community is the organization which stated the swine flu vaccine should be given first to those with an underlying medical condition, not me. My 41 year old son is a diabetic and suffered a stroke last March. He is more acceptable to the swine flu than I am. He got his shot, I didn't. And I won't get one either.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    My wife and I are wanting to get the shot and have tried. We are having to wait our turn. We are placed behind the prisoners in our state. We both have underlying problems and are candidates for the shots.

11. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Well there you have it! Convicts get better treatment than law abiding citizens, this must be Obama's doings.

12. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Oh, Oh no you didn't just say that the convicts in prison are ahead you and the misses...what?!? OMG... what has this great nation come to? Before you know it, Chia Pets will will have voting rights. I am so sorry to hear that you are behind the prisoners, especially when you and the misses have underlying conditions that make you eligible for early vaccine. Errr... that boils my blood :angry:

13. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    No I will not..I know all about the poison they put in those shots..For all the talk about mercury in fish and they tell us not to eat it,but they expect us every year to get flu shots with what in it??Mercury..http://drbenkim.com/flu-shot-ingredients-dangers.htm

http://[youtubevid]gWfCnjnShnM[/youtubevid]

My family is going through the flu now..We all went to the doc yesterday..When the doc said it was swine flu my wife started freakin out..The doc,our doc that we trust and know personally,said that swine flu is milder than the regular seasonal flu and that all the controversy surrounding it is hype..Big pharma stands to make billions on this vaccine while they scare people to death saying they have shortages..BS..If you ever studied basic economics you know that demand drives prices up..Its all about the money..Big pharm recruits polititians and give them big money to make sure the government goes along with the scare tactic and in the end everybody makes big money..The media plays right along..The media in this country is dead..They are no longer objective..They have there own agenga and that is to have the best ratings..

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  14. Steph

Steph New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    Nope didn't get the shot, and I don't think I'm going too.. idk.. I'm rarely sick.. if something happens then oh well my dumb fault then huh haha

15. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    I agree with this post.There is alot of stuff they put in those shots,dead cancer cells etc and the long term side effects have not even been researched.Its bad enough that our military gets experimented on now they are sending home permission slips to test this crap on our kids.

16. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    My wife is on meds that lower her immune system, so yeah, we will probably get it when it becomes available for general distribution.

Regarding mercury content..The mercury content of the shots that have it is about 19 micrograms, about the same as what you would find in 1 ounce of tuna. And it's ethyl mercury, which clears the system faster than the methyl mercury in fish. Ideally it would have zero mercury. Not all shots contain mercury, and they are working to phase it out of the rest. But for now, put it into perspective, and weigh the pros vs the cons for you family and circumstances.

Price gouging - The companies that make the vaccines are under contract with the CDC for a set price, http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/vfc/cdc-vac-price-list.htm Some price gouging may happen at a handful of private clinics, but the vast majority of shots are given out free or at a set price of $15-$30 that is generally not adjusted based upon seasonal supply and demand.

17. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I will take my chances as the last time I had a flu shot of any kind I spent 2 weeks in the hospital due to the flu shot shutting my kidneys down and screwing up my liver. NO THANKS!!!!!!!!

18. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    In my own opinion,There is no need to get any Government sponsered vaccine. Also there is way too much hype on the handwashing/sanatizing. Folks God gave us our own antibodies for combatting these things and washing your hands every time you touch something or sneeze does more harm than good in my mind. we have GOOD bacteria as well as bad on our skin,Thus each time you use a sanitizer you risk killin the good stuff that protects ya. Just use common sense .:wink: By the way I havent and wont get any flue shots.or any other .

19. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I've had a regular flu shot twice....Twice i've gotten sick enough to be admitted to the hospital. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not but i'm not taking that chance again....:smile2:

20. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    im 67 years old and have cronic brochitus.im eligable for the shot and va notified me they have it.im not going to get mine till ever kid in america has had theirs.when and only then will i get mine.